Rearranging the Broadband Puzzle
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p38
Focuses on developments related to the broadband and interactive television sectors of the cable television industry in the United States as of December 11, 2000. Showtime Networks Inc.'s interactive television deal with Wink Communications.
- The Last Western Roundup. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p102
Reflects on issues faced by the cable industry of the U.S. in 2003. Termination of the Western Show, a technology-driven event; Discontinuation of the MystroTV interactive project of Time Warner Inc.; Interest acquisition of Rupert Murdoch in DirecTV; Interest of multiple systems operators in...
- Cable getting ready for future of TV ads. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p14
Explores cable television advertising options in the United States. Opportunities offered by video-on-demand and other forms of digital broadband interactivity; Changes in cable's advertising paradigm; Experiments on advertising alternatives for broadband and interactive television.
- QVC will wait and see on broadband. Wallace, David J. // America's Network;5/1/95, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p52
Focuses on QVC Network's challenge of upgrading its systems for next-generation broadband television or online networks. Wait-and-see approach to interactive video retailing; Use of technology as QVC's competitive edge; Major overhaul of the company's warehouse system; Calling volumes.
- Viva Las Gizmos. Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Feb2005, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p32
Highlights the 2005 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Introduction of the broadband box that use existing broadband connections to bypass cable and DBS providers for video services; Agreements by companies such as Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks,, Charter Communications...
- Heavy Hitters Fund ICTV. // Multichannel News;06/26/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p33
Informs on the results of ICTV Inc.'s second round of private investment. Investment made by some top cable companies in the United States; ICTV's platform providing cable operators with a solution that enables delivery of broadband Internet, e-mail and interactive-TV applications to any...
- Cable TV: Joining the interactive movement. Torr, David // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the interactive services of cable television providers in the United States. Return path problems; DVB standard; Benefits from the use of coaxial cables.
- Who's going interactive? Blake, Pat // Telephony;01/13/97, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p18
Features various cable television networks in the United States that are offering interactive television services. Sony Pictures Entertainment's Game Show Network; Source Media's Interactive Channel and ChannelLink; @Home which is backed by Tele-Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and Cox...
- Satellite grows in popularity. Anto-Awuakye, Cecilia; Sonoo Singh // Marketing Week;1/24/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the growth of popularity of cable and satellite (C&S) channels in Great Britain. Trend in consolidation in the C&S industry; Increase in the use of interactive television; Demographic profile of television viewers.