- DTV Creates New Outlets for Stations. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;2/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p5
The article reveals that the U.S.'s switchover from analog to digital broadcast signals brings with it the need for television (TV) stations to program the digital subchannels created in the bandwidth space formerly occupied by their analog signals. Many stations have already opted for weather...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p11
Presents statistics related to the cable television industry, commercial television stations and television programs in the U.S. as of February 2005.
- Nets tweak for sweeps. Schlosser // Broadcasting & Cable;11/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 45, p6
Highlights the United States-based television broadcasting networks' move to renew and cancel shows in preparation for the November sweeps. Networks that made major program adjustments; Television shows cancelled and renewed for another season.
- Stations: Syndie quality is lacking. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;01/18/99, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p30
Makes observations on television programs for 1999-2000 season according to survey of top television station managers in the United States. Percentage of individuals who cited talk shows as greatest programming need; Ratio who cited lack of quality and creativity; Percent who had no idea which...
- Having Their 'Phil.'. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/5/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 52, p12
The article focuses on the changes in the programming of the WBZ station in Boston, Massachusetts. The CBS owned-and-operated TV station plans to offer local news from 4 in the afternoon to 6:30 in the evening beginning January 9, 2006. It also plans to move its syndicated talk show "Dr. Phil"...
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 187, p2
The article reports on the ratings garnered by The Weather Channel and MTV in the U.S. as of September 2005.
- CORRECTIONS. // Television Week;1/22/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p2
Corrections to the articles "Protest, She Wrote" in the January 15, 2007 issue and "Newscast Time-Slot Shifts Aid Stations" in the January 8, 2007 issue are presented.
- VH1 Classic Adds Box Sets. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the efforts by the VH1 Classic cable network to boost its audience with longer form programming. Launching of the network's vintage music series, including "Yo MTV Raps" and "Pop Up Video," in the third quarter of 2005; Plan by the network to air programming blocks or box sets around...
- People's choice. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p62
Presents the ratings of the United States prime time programs aired during the week of February 21-27, 2000. Data prepared by the Nielsen Media Research; Show title; Top ten shows of the week; Estimated audience volume.