Analysts '04: It's a Big Year for Cable
- Come together. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/14/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p18
Elaborates on how the merger trend in the cable television industry of the United States has created more opportunities for consumers. Investment in cable operator Comcast by Bill Gates, chairman of computer software firm Microsoft Corp.; Surge in cable's stock prices; Enhancement of costumer...
- Stocks rise after news on Bush, AOL-TW. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p2
Focuses on an increase in share prices of cable television operators in the United States. Response to imminent regulatory approval of the America Online-Time Warner merger; Promise of a deregulatory-minded Republican administration at the White House; Impact of a lull in cable and broadcast...
- Ode to the cable guy. O'Shea., Dan // Telephony;9/9/96, Vol. 231 Issue 11, p36
Reports on the problems commonly encountered by customers of cable television companies in the United States. Chicago Cable TV; Customer service.
- On time, only more so. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;11/25/96, Vol. 126 Issue 49, p57
Reports that the United States cable industry is enhancing its On-Time Customer Service Guarantee (OTG), an industrywide customer service initiative developed by CTAM and NCTA. Cable television services; Rates; Baseline initiatives; Remarks from Decker Anstrom, NCTA president.
- Basic Nets Hear VOD's Call. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
Reports the improvement of the basic cable network in the United States. Development on the system of the network; Enhancement on the services of the cable networks; Programming standard.
- What's in the Last Mile? (Part 1). Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p32
Part I. Focuses on the competition in the cable television industry in the U.S. Provision of overlapping customer services; Increase in bandwidth applications ; Installation of the coaxial cable structures.
- Cable Access. Postrel, Virginia // Reason;Jul2000, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p43
Focuses on the problem of consumers with cable companies in the United States. Role of federal regulations to the problem; Reasons for considering cable companies bad and not bad; Implications of the dispute between Disney and Time Warner.
- Cable backs its guarantee in $3.5 million campaign. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;11/25/96, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p19
Reports on the plans of the cable-industry to invest $3.5 million into the On-Time Guarantee program, which guarantees free installation or a cash reward for late or missed service. Response from customers to the service; Comments from Chuck Ellis, Time Warner Cable executive vice president.
- Service packages make digital TV a hot topic. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;06/02/97, Vol. 4 Issue 18, pI-8
Focuses on the cable television industry, while discussing efforts to offer customers original service packages. Information on the progress of various television companies since April 1997; Names of various companies involved; Reference to Time Warner Cable press coverage announcement; Areas...