On-Demand Buys Top PPV Orders
- InDemand channels events. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/3/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 46, p4
Subscription television InDemand will examine its channel lineup in the Fall of 2003 to make way for video-on-demand (VOD). Beginning September 1, the two most-distributed PPV channels in the United States will be rebranded and reserved exclusively for such live and taped event programming as...
- Research: Early Windows Pay Off. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p8
Explains the role of research in increasing the revenue source for pay-per-view and video-on-demand of cable operators in the U.S., according to a study by distributor In Demand in 2003. Factors that contribute to the difference in buy-rates; Remarks from Steve Brenner, company president; Other...
- In Demand Sweepstakes to Tout Top PPV Titles. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
Presents information on the sweepstakes campaign of In Demand cable television network to promote the movies appearing on pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand (VOD) formats. Prices offered by the sweepstakes to PPV and VOD subscribers of In Demand; List of the movies offered as part of the...
- Becoming iNDEMAND. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p36
Highlights the plans of pay-per-view provider iNDEMAND to venture into the video-on-demand (VOD) segment of the broadcasting industry. Aims of delivering VOD content, via satellite; iNDEMAND's industry ranking; History of the emergence of VOD technology; Programming plans for the VOD service...
- '02 Was Kind To PPV, VOD. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p2
Focuses on the revenue generated by pay-per-view (PPV) and video-on-demand movies, adult programming and events in 2002. Comparison of revenues generated by movies in the year 2001 and 2002; Percent increase in adult PPV revenue in 2002; Revenue generated by satellite subscribers per household.
- Execs Say VOD Trumps PPV Buy Rates. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on video-on-demand (VOD) market in the United States. Comparison between the buy-rates of VOD and subscription television; Need to explain technology to customers; Commencement of VOD technical trials by Comcast Cable Communications.
- PAY-TV SUBSCRIPTIONS DIP AS SVOD RISES. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/28/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 33, p12
The article discusses the highlights of Nielsen's "Total Audience Report" for the second quarter of 2015, noting the decrease in traditional pay-television subscription and the rise of subscription video on demand (SVOD) service in U.S. homes, and presents charts on media usage among U.S. adults.
- PAY-TV SUBSCRIPTIONS DIP AS SVOD RISES. // Multichannel News;9/28/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p39
The article offers information on decline in ratio of people using pay television subscription due to surge in subscription video on demand (SVOD) service and resents a chart showing television as a primary conduit for media consumption specially during primetime hours.
- NICHE PIX IN DEMAND. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/11/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 52, p4
Reports on the creation of two specialized channels by pay-per-view distributor In Demand in the U.S. Movies under each channel; Availability of the two channels; Plans for other genre services if the experiment works.