Johnson's New Chef at Food Network
- Pegram's departure a stunner. Schoettle, Anthony // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p3A
The article focuses on the abrupt resignation of former General Manager Rich Pegram from WTHR-TV Channel 13. It was found that Pegram left just as the November 2007 ratings sweeps began. Station officials cited that Pegram's departure will not change their plans. Rod Porter, who formerly served...
- Former Exec Hoffman Gets CNBC Gig. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p47
Reports on the promotion of Mark Hoffman as CEO of CNBC television station in 2005. Positions held by Hoffman at CNBC prior to his promotion; Responsibilities of Hoffman; Information on the average total-day rating and audience share of CNBC programs.
- Influence peddling in San Diego. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p1
Reports that television stations in San Diego, California, are protesting against the marketing campaign of television station KSWB focusing on Nielsen Media Research's ratings households as of November 13, 2000. Details of the marketing campaign designed to influence Nielsen homes' television...
- Local news is good news for KNBC(TV). Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;03/23/98, Vol. 128 Issue 12, p70
Focuses on KNBC(TV), while highlighting the ratings it received during its coverage of the winter Olympics. Comments from Carole Black, general manager of KNBC; Factors which contributed to the high ratings KNBC received; Details on the competition KNBC received from KCBS-TV.
- Spanish station delivers strong demos. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;06/22/98, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p51
Unveils the rating earned by Spanish-language WXTV (TV) New York in May 1998 according Nielsen station index. Demographics of WXTV viewers; Reason for the rating received by the station.
- CBS spruces up record collection. Miller, Stuart // Variety;2/28/94, Vol. 354 Issue 4, p54
Reports on the ratings of television stations and programs for the week of February 18 to 24, 1994. February 23 face off between Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding, `Shattered Glory'; Ratings success of the Winter Games; Counterprogramming; CBS' February 14 to 20 record; Fox's improved season...
- BBC1 squeaks past ITV for ratings crown. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/8/2002, Vol. 371 Issue 31, p84
Reports on the ratings of several television stations in Great Britain. Details on the overall audience share of BBC1 television programs; Ratings of ITV for the primetime segment; Factors that affected the ratings of ITV1.
- Ratings threaten experiment in good journalism. Cohen, David // St. Louis Journalism Review;Nov2000, Vol. 30 Issue 231, p25
Comments on the problems facing Chicago, Illinois-based television station WBBM-TV as it tries to improve its ratings. Presentation of the day's most important stories; Rating of the station; Resignation of newsroom managers; Lack of relevance in television news.
- NBC gets by with a little help from its 'Friends' Kissell, Rick // Variety;1/6/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 7, p30
Reports on the ratings of television networks and television programs in January 2003 in the U.S. Ratings of television networks CBS, ABC and Fox; List of top-rated television programs for the season.