New Nets Abundant at National Show
- NFL net scores Insight carriage pact. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/12/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 55, p6
Reports on the deal signed by NFL Network with Insight Communications for a five-year duration. Monthly license fee to be paid by Insight per subscriber; Other terms included in the deal.
- Launches. // CableFAX Daily;12/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 240, p1
The article presents an update on the cable television industry as of December 2005. Comcast has launched voice over Internet protocol across the United States. Charter has introduced Mexico 22 and Once Mexico television networks of Altera'TV in several of its systems. DirecTV has rolled out...
- DirecTV to Uncouple Premium Tiers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the plan to update the programming packages of DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Shift of premium sports and movie channels from bundles including basic-cable networks; Price of the individual packages; Simplicity and flexibility of premium tiers.
- DIRECTV: Bringing a Whole New Entertainment Experience. // Siliconindia;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
A preview of the DirectTV cable service from DirectTV Inc is presented.
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 210, p1
The article offers news briefs on cable television in the U.S. as of October 2005. Charter will now carry the RSN Mid-Atlantic Sports Network in Washington, DC. Meanwhile, Insight has reached an agreement to carry ESPNU on its digital cable tier. Superstation WGN has been added to the FiOS TV...
- SLOW and STEADY. Grotticelli, Michael; Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;7/9/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 29, p32
Focuses on the optimism of cable operators in the United States on launching interactive television efforts. Insight Communications' deployment of Diva-based video-on-demand service; Charter Communications' installation of set-top boxes to bring interactive services. INSETS: ITV: How we...
- No, Not a Fiber Ring. It's a Class Ring. Haugsted, Linda; Ellis, Leslie; Strump, Matt; Umstead, Tom // Multichannel News;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p4
The article addresses issues related to the U.S. cable industry. The story behind the ring of Charter Communications Inc. engineer Jarrod Gillman is described. The archival data about Hughes Electronics Corp. that have been donated to the University of Nevada are enumerated. The resignation of...
- CABLE Briefs. // Television Week;8/25/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p14
Presents an update on the cable television industry as of August 25, 2003. Viewership rating posted by Cable News Network for its blackout coverage on August 14, 2003; Credit ratings given by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's on Charter Communications Inc.; Expansion made by...
- A Tale of Four Calls. Gibbon, Kent // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p40
Focuses on the telephone conversation of the author with executives of four major multisystem operators in the U.S. Views expressed by executives of Comcast Corp. and Cox Communications Inc.; Comments of executives of Insight Inc. and Charter Communications Inc.