New Nets Abundant at National Show
- NFL net scores Insight carriage pact. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/12/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 55, p6
Reports on the deal signed by NFL Network with Insight Communications for a five-year duration. Monthly license fee to be paid by Insight per subscriber; Other terms included in the deal.
- Launches. // CableFAX Daily;12/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 240, p1
The article presents an update on the cable television industry as of December 2005. Comcast has launched voice over Internet protocol across the United States. Charter has introduced Mexico 22 and Once Mexico television networks of Altera'TV in several of its systems. DirecTV has rolled out...
- DirecTV to Uncouple Premium Tiers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the plan to update the programming packages of DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Shift of premium sports and movie channels from bundles including basic-cable networks; Price of the individual packages; Simplicity and flexibility of premium tiers.
- DIRECTV: Bringing a Whole New Entertainment Experience. // Siliconindia;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
A preview of the DirectTV cable service from DirectTV Inc is presented.
- Comcast Changes Cost ESPN Classic. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p14
Reports the decrease in the subscriber of the cable television network ESPN Classic in the U.S. Relocation of the digital service by Comcast Corp.; Standardization of the channel line-up; Assessment of the analog services.
- Come October, will the FCC go EASy? Hayes, Duffy // CED;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p40
Reports the use of Emergency Alert System (EAS) digital system in cable television broadcast stations in the U.S. Compatibility of the system with the signal use by the National Weather Service; Need for headends to be upgrade to meet EAS requirements; Components of EAS system.
- Digital opens door to new nets. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;01/26/98, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p42
Presents information on the cable programming business while focusing on digital technology. Comments from Larry Petrella, senior media analyst with Lehman Brothers; Details on the increase in cable networks; Effect digital technology has on cable programming.
- N.Y. Ops Eye an Interactive Future. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/25/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p22
Focuses on the prediction for the availability of digital boxes in New York. Plan of Cablevision Systems Corp. to switch advanced-analog boxes; Competition among companies in offering digital cable; Offer of video dial tone services by Time Warner Inc.
- Tauzin Mulls 'Hard' DTV Date. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;03/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p2
Reports the effort of implementing the 2006 deadline for television broadcasters to convert to digital transmission in the United States. Availability of digital television components at a reasonable and declining costs; Dispute over the cable carriage of digital signals; Reaction of cable...