The Cable Guy With Satellite Roots, Too
- Cable TV: Joining the interactive movement. Torr, David // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the interactive services of cable television providers in the United States. Return path problems; DVB standard; Benefits from the use of coaxial cables.
- Who's going interactive? Blake, Pat // Telephony;01/13/97, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p18
Features various cable television networks in the United States that are offering interactive television services. Sony Pictures Entertainment's Game Show Network; Source Media's Interactive Channel and ChannelLink; @Home which is backed by Tele-Communications Inc., Comcast Corp. and Cox...
- Satellite grows in popularity. Anto-Awuakye, Cecilia; Sonoo Singh // Marketing Week;1/24/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on the growth of popularity of cable and satellite (C&S) channels in Great Britain. Trend in consolidation in the C&S industry; Increase in the use of interactive television; Demographic profile of television viewers.
- Convergence With Love. Grumet, Tobey // Popular Mechanics;Mar2000, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p36
Focuses on the Wink technology used by networks along with cable companies to allow interaction with television. Advantages of the technology; Comments on the fate of the Wink technology.
- Interactive TV Business Models in a Cable TV. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 52, p54
Examines the market prospects for interactive television in the United States. Impact of interactive television on cable television operators; Current and future business models for interactive television in the U.S.; Other major areas for revenues from interactive-television commerce. INSET:...
- Fulfilling the promise. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p22
Discusses ways in which the cable industry will capitalize on the potential of interactive television (ITV). Projected increase in demand for interactive services; Annual revenues to be generated by ITV by 2005; Cable operators' deployment of digital set-top boxes to add tiers of programming;...
- Make Mess Worse: Vote Interactive TV. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p10
Reports on developments related to interactive television and cable television as of November 27, 2000. Plans of using interactive television during general elections; Comic coverage of the 2000 presidential elections by Comedy Central; High demand for the re-release of the Beatles albums;...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p202
Reports on developments related to cable television and interactive television in the United States as of November 27, 2000. Number of interactive television content developers joining Worldgate Communications Inc.; One-million cable modem-subscriber barrier broken by AT&T Broadband; Everest...
- Cable Programmers Talk Up Interactivity. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;6/18/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p22
Reports the interest of cable television operators on having an interactive television programming in the United States. Impact of converging cable programs and Web sites on telecommunications; Initiators of interactive programming; Need for creative business models.