Another Book for Brooks -- on Music
- Frugal: The New Cool. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 5, p4
The author focuses on Disney-ABC Television Group chief Anne Sweeney and her being able to receive a free drink on her Southwest Airline flights and a free hotel room courtesy of the National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE). He cites an instance when Sweeney was called a...
- Will ABC's Sweeney stir or stew? Dempsey, John; Schneider, Michael // Variety;4/12/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the possible appointment of executive Anne Sweeney at U.S. television network ABC. Career background; Details of her possible assignment; Challenges facing Sweeney regarding her possible appointment.
- Lost Sounds: Blacks and the Birth of the Recording Industry, 1890-1919 (Book). Szatmary, Dave // Library Journal;4/1/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p94
Reviews the book "Lost Sounds: Blacks and the Birth of the Recording Industry, 1890-1919," by Tim Brooks.
- Quick takes. Bischoff, Dan // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p18
Highlights the insights of some United States television industry executives regarding the number of newsmagazine shows on television. Demand for newsmagazine as source of information; Right amount of good shows; Possibility that television will reach the point of saturation and lack of...
- Does the Upfront Have to Change? Schrage, Michael // MediaWeek;2/9/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p28
Presents a roundtable discussion involving several media executives regarding the concept of upfront television advertising in the U.S. Importance of upfront television advertising in television broadcasting; Impact of upfront misconception on advertising; Factors to consider about buyer and...
- TV programs vs. spots: A double standard? DeSalvo // SHOOT;08/21/98, Vol. 39 Issue 34, p1
Focuses on advertising executives' allegations of subjectivity in television networks' standards for airing of television programs and television commercial films in the United States. Television networks' refusal to air commercials that deal with controversial topics; Television networks'...
- 1995 Natpe survey. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/95, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p34
Provides information on the survey by Broadcasting & Cable of the opinions of station executives on shows for sale and programing issues for the NATPE International convention to be held in January 1995. Details of the survey findings; Information on weekly syndicated shows and prices of...
- TV survey: If only one, it's UPN. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/95, Vol. 125 Issue 3, p3
Gives the results of the annual NATPE survey by Broadcasting & Cable on the survival of additional broadcast networks.
- Making the Most of the Changing Local Landscape. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;5/1/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p18
The article deals with the replacement of television networks UPN and The WB by The CW. On the day of the CW announcement, many station executives in the U.S. were wondering if they would be competing against another station in their market for the new network's affiliation. XUPN executives...