This Just In
- Cheers to an Original. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/23/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p36
Editorial. Opines on the attitude and ideas of chairman and chief executive officer of broadcasting firm Mediacom Corp. Rocco Commissio. Comments made on Commissio by U.S. Presidential candidate Ronald Reagan; Significance of the times when only a few companies controlled a majority of cable...
- End of over-the-air TV? Martin, Harry C. // Broadcast Engineering;Feb2010, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the new wireless communication law carried out by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to promote video distribution via Internet in the U.S. air television broadcasting industry. It notes that the FCC distributed inquiry notice regarding the application of...
- BRIEFLY NOTED. // Electronic Media;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p4
Reports developments in the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. Plan of Cable News Network to pirate Ted Koppel, a broadcast journalist from American Broadcasting Co.; Schedule of the voting for the broadband Internet service proposal; Acquisition of the television program 'Hamtaro' by...
- Antennas revisited: A look at developing trends. Markley, Don // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports the use of panel antennas for television broadcasting in the United States. Installation of panel antennas at 150 kilowatts power; Application of panel antennas in multiple station standby systems; Reduction of the pattern distortion effects.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p23
Informs about rankings of top basic cable programs in United States from July 24-30, 1995 and pay cable programs from July 24-30, 1995. `Kindergarten Cop,' movie; `The Terminator,' movie; `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage'; More.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p17
Presents the ratings of television programs in the United States from July 31 to August 6, 1995.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p19
Presents a list of top rated television programs in the United States for the week starting from July 24 to 30, 1995.
- Networks losing tiny viewers to cable. Gelman, Morrie // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p32
Reports on the competition between children's broadcast networks and cable television networks. Losses in viewership incurred by ABC, CBS and Fox; Audience strength shown by Nickelodeon; Programs scheduled by networks.
- Kids TV's delicate global balance. Johnson, Debra // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p41
Looks into the globalization activities, efforts at optimal balancing of United States and local programming by children's television networks. Cartoon Network; Nickelodeon; Fox Children's Network.