Townsend Joins MBC
- New Shows, New Faces, New Directions. Hughes, Zondra // Ebony;Oct2004, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p120
Addresses several issues on African Americans in television broadcasting. Diversity in television networks; System used by Nielsen Research Media in measuring television viewers; Implications of the trend in reality television shows on scripted shows.
- On the Air. Rice, Lynette; Keck, William // Entertainment Weekly;4/4/2003, Issue 703, p90
Provides updates in television industry as of April 2003, including the reality show of singers and couple, Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.
- Nets Could Use a Reality Check. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/24/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p56
Editorial. Focuses on the increased trend of television broadcasting networks in the U.S. to re-telecast reality shows that were successful in their first telecast. Reference to the market situation of the magazine 'Dateline'; Predictions about the condition of television broadcasting industry.
- Reality changes the rules. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p35
Reports on trends in television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Popularity of reality television shows; Audience reception to scripted shows; Impact of the success of reality television shows on the industry. INSETS: UPDATE;KEEPING IT REAL.
- JOHNATHAN RODGERS HAS A DREAM. Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p8
Features TV One, a television station that targets African American viewers. Goals of the station; Expected profit of the station by 2007; Amount of fund raised by the station from its partners and investors; Annual programming budget of the station.
- Reality Check: Upfront Upside. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p6
Focuses on the U.S. television advertising market. Forecast on the growth of overall revenue; Factors that influenced the upfront; Effects of reality television shows on the market.
- Reality makes cablers rerun-away. Dempsey, John // Variety;3/3/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the competition between cable networks and the television industry in the U.S. as of March 3, 2003. Strategies of cable channels to attract viewers; Success of reality television programs and their impact on cable programming; Outlook of cable executives on the life span of reality...
- Rival channels' reality shows shape up for a showdown. Csonka, Agnes // Budapest Business Journal;12/23/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p7
Comments on the success of reality television shows in Hungary. TV2 and RTL Klub's launch of reality shows in September 2002; Expected growth of reality shows in Hungary in 2003.
- EURO SKEDS FALL INTO PLACE. James, Alison // Variety;9/3/2001, Vol. 384 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the debate over reality television (TV) shows in France. Audience share of the `Loft Story' TV program; What TF1 will likely offer starting September 2001; Why French Culture Minister Catherine Tasca has berated the private cable television networks.