Turner Swims Into VOD
- CNN Seeks Image Groomer. McMains, Andrew; Krajewski, Steve // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/23/1998, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p2
Reports that Turner Broadcasting Systems' Cable News Network has contacted seven agencies about a branding assignment. Carmichael Lynch and Mullen Wenham as among the agencies contacted; Estimated worth of the branding task; Remarks of key company officials regarding the issue.
- Brands need a bridge. Shoebridge, Neil // BRW;2/23/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p69
The article reports on the study which found that consumers have become more cynical about conventional advertising and spending less time with mass-market media such as free-to-air television and newspapers. Moreover, branded entertainment has not moved very far since the year 2002, and most...
- Upfront with attitude. Grunion, Sam // Brandweek;05/28/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 22, pSR46
Assesses the advertising campaigns of The Channel Network's television (TV) upfront TV programming. Focus of the campaigns; Types of TV programs of the network; Background of the company.
- TBS RE-KICKS. Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);9/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p8
Focuses on the decision of TBS Superstation to include college football games in its programming after its 11 years of absence. Status of sports programming in the U.S.; Efforts of TBS to shift revenue out of its properties; Implication of the decision of TBS to focus on sports promotion.
- 'Sunset Boulevard'. Ephron, Erwin // MediaWeek;11/23/98, Vol. 8 Issue 44, p17
Advises television buying groups to consider their agency-of-record (AOR) performance before producing brochures that describe their new television shows. Way to achieve the critical AOR quality and the best media management; Nature of the TV buying business.
- Clearing the air around TV clutter. // Marketing Week;8/24/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p3
Focuses on the context of the Commercial Television Clutter Exposed report by the Billett Consultancy in London, England. Problems concerning the amount of clutter invading commercial air-times; Extent and variety of clutter in contemporary television; Strategies of television companies in...
- Billett gives clearer picture of TV clutter. Benady, David // Marketing Week;8/24/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p14
Focuses on the role of television channels on-air promotions, sponsorships and end-credits on television advertisements in London, England. Conflict of scheduling between TV promotional trailers and advertisements; Report on TV advertisement clutters by the Billet Consultancy; Criticism on the...
- Plug at 11. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/17/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 30, p90
Editorial. Comments on the practice of most television networks in the United States to use their news departments to cross-promote television shows. Promotional blitz that accompanied the rollouts of the programs `Survivor' and `Big Brother'; Potential threat posed by such a practice to the...
- TV channels battle for primetime news slots. Beale, Claire // Campaign (UK);03/05/99, Issue 9, p4
Reports on the revamp of the news programs of television networks in Great Britain. Changes in the time slots of news programs; Advertising campaigns supporting the moves; Changes in news formats.