PLAYING IT COOL
- L.A. Ops Pool Anti-AIDS Resources. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p48
Reports on the joint efforts of cable operators, including Comcast Corp., Charter Communications Inc., Adelphia Communications Corp. and Cox Communications Inc., in Los Angeles, California to amass programming about the fight against AIDS. Associations targeted by the cable operators to help...
- Comcast's Eye on Disney Proves Content Again King. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p35
Examines the implication of Comcast Corporation's bid to acquire Walt Disney Corp. for cable operators. Opinion of analyst Michael Goodman on the purpose of Comcast's move; Impact of the deal's completion; Speculations on how other content and distribution companies will respond to the deal in...
- Buyers in Favor Of Comcast Deal. Consoli, John; Bachman, Katy // Adweek;2/16/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p7
Media buyers said that they are upbeat about the prospect of Comcast Corp. acquiring the Walt Disney Co. and running ABC Inc. and its sibling cable networks. Some buyers believe the new leadership at Comcast, especially cable operations president Steve Burke, who had a successful stint at ABC...
- Comcast Stays on the Line In Dropping Its Bid for Disney. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the decision of cable television company Comcast Corp. to drop its acquisition bid for Walt Disney Co. as of June 2004. Reason for dropping the deal; Factors that affect the deal; Opportunities for Comcast and other cable businesses; Reason for the high percentage margin produced by...
- Fellow Ops Warm To Comcast-ESPN. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the support of multi service operators on the bid of Comcast Corp. to acquire ESPN from Walt Disney Co. Relationship of Disney with cable operators; Comment issued by Cox Communications Inc. on the attempt of Comcast to acquire Disney; Ownerships of Comcast in national and regional...
- Comcast-Disney: Net Factory. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p57
Focuses on the plan of Comcast Corp. should its bid for Walt Disney Co. succeed. Cable networks owned by Comcast; Benefits of the acquisition of Disney.
- COMCAST COOLS. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;4/29/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the decision of Comcast Corp. to formally withdrew its all-stock bid to buy Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. Citation of the utter lack of interest in the part of Disney management; Intention of focusing attention on core cable business; Plan of buying back own stocks.
- Comcast-Disney Fight Simmers. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p10
Discusses issues concerning the cable network deal between Comcast Corp. and Walt Disney Co. Impact of the deal on other cable operators; Reaction of Disney CEO Robert Iger to the delays of the deal; Information on the cable networks ESPN and Disney Channel.
- N.H. towns weigh their options in Adelphia takeover. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;8/5/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p1
Looks into the cable television business in New Hampshire, as Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. to acquire Adelphia Communication Corp. Number of subscribers both companies will get from Adelphia; Discussion of Adelphia in financial trouble since the year 2002; Views of people regarding...