Dish Renews Turner
- Dish, Turner Are Talking. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the television broadcasting deals of EchoStar Communications Corp. and Turner Broadcasting System Inc. with Dish Network.
- Turner Pulls Court TV Off of Dish Service. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/8/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the removal by Turner Broadcasting System Inc. of the Dish service of Echostar Communications Corp. from the Court TV network. Such removal occurred due to the unwillingness of EchoStar to pay the standard industry rate for the channel. Information on the acquisition by...
- How Powerful Are Broadcasters? Cantor, Matthew // Multichannel News;6/7/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p85
Analyzes a lawsuit filed by EchoStar Communications Corp. against Viacom Inc. which presents the issue of the market power possessed by television networks or their affiliate stations. Allegations of EchoStar against Viacom; Ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court in the lawsuit; Ways to determine...
- Detroit. Hudson, Eileen Davis; Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;10/15/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p16
Focuses on the performance of the television broadcasting industry in Detroit, Michigan in 2001. Acquisitions made by Viacom; Programming of WWJ-TV; Operations of Fox's WJBK station.
- Viacom's Triple Play Reshapes Miami Area. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;10/1/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p11
Reports on the television stations being operated by Viacom in Miami, Florida. Benefits of consolidating station operations; Challenges posed by operating many stations; Effect of broadcasting the basketball games of the Miami Heat basketball team.
- Mini-upfronts for CBS, UPN. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;9/10/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 48, p4
Reports that Viacom's CBS and UPS stations are hosting a series of mini-upfronts for spot media buyers in major cities including Los Angeles, California and Gotham, New York. Design of the sessions.
- U.S. cites NTV takeover concerns. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/17/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 44, p3
Reports on Turner Broadcasting System's bid to acquire the television station NTV in Russia. Terms of the deal; Net worth of the deal; Russian companies that are involved in the deal.
- 20th barters '24' to Viacom. Dempsey, Johan // Daily Variety;10/15/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 10, p33
The article reports that Twentieth TV has engineered its first rerun deal for "24," signing 18 Viacom Inc.-owned TV stations to take the show for two runs every weekend, beginning next fall. For the Monday-Friday runs, which would take place simultaneously with the syndication plays in 2005,...
- EchoStar: Stations want 50 cents per sub. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p28
Reports on the complaint EchoStar Communications Corp. has lodged with the United States Federal Communications Commission. Amount of retransmission fee per subscriber demanded by television stations; Television networks which may have to be dropped for lack of retransmission content; Bases for...