Lawyers vs. Power Plant
- N.Y.'s Astoria Energy Forgoes Liberty Financing, for Now. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31867, p36
Focuses on the closure of financing by Astoria Energy LLC for power plant in New York City. Value of the financing for the power plant; Combination of bank debt and equity financing; Availability of the tax-exempt Liberty bonding.
- N.Y.C.'s Astoria Energy to Sell $700M In Notes While Awaiting Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p3
Reports on the plan of Astoria Energy to sell around 700 million dollars in taxable, variable-rate revenue notes.
- Pataki Aide: Power Plant's Future Hinges on Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31781, p40
Announces the approval made by the Liberty Development Corp. (LDC) of New York to sell tax-exempt Liberty bonds for Astoria Energy LLC, a subsidiary of SCS Energy LLC. Purpose of the Liberty bond sale; View of Charles Gargano, George E. Pataki's commissioner of economic development and chairman...
- Issuers Who Confess to the IRS Would Benefit Under ABA Panel's Plan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p6
Reports on the intermediate sanctions proposal finalized by the American Bar Association Tax-Exempt Financing Committee for bond issuers. Auditing of the bonds by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- Public Power Plans. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p35
The article reports on the Omaha Public Power District's plan to issue 200 million dollar of debt as part of a larger financing for an additional power station in Nebraska. The sale as approved by the board of directors and is expected to come to market in May 2006. It is a part of a larger...
- California Power Agency Readies First Three Offerings. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p44
Reports the bond financing plans of California Consumer Power and Conservation Financing Authority. Approval of the agreement to construct and operate power plant; Issuance of tax-exempt industrial development bonds; Plan to re-market the bonds.
- Peach State Power Play. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p1
Reports the decision of the Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia to sell revenue bonds. Inclusion of the fixed rate bonds in the sale; Importance of the proceeds in the power plant projects; View of investors on the sale.
- South Carolina Agency to Issue $325M for Santee Cooper Plant. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/28/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31459, p1
Reports the plan of the South Carolina Public Service Authority to sell revenue refunding bonds to finance the Santee Cooper power plant in South Carolina. Details on the mode of the bond; Influence of the market condition on the amount of the deal; Information on the financial adviser.
- The Push for More Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31311, p1
Reports on the construction of a gas-fired power plant on the site of a decommissioned generating facility, by the Sacraments Municipal Utility District in California which will be financed by revenue bonds. Estimated cost of the power plant; Purpose of building the plant; Reason for the...