- Property Taxes and Investment Portfolios. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;11/02/98, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p12
Editorial. Proposes the application of property tax to investment portfolios in New Jersey. Extensions of property taxation; Challenges to the proposal; Contention on the need to revise property tax to address changes in the forms of wealth.
- A very bad tax proposal. // Business News New Jersey;02/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Editorial. Focuses on a real property tax proposal in New Jersey. Option of the municipalities to change the property tax rates; Impact on the business community.
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/6/95, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p1
Highlights that pressure is growing to substitute a county income tax for the nation's highest repressive property taxes.
- N.D. joins not-for-profit property tax debate. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;03/23/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p20
Presents views of the North Dakota's legislature on the idea of allowing communities to levy property taxes on previously tax-exempt hospitals. Proposal of Representative Ralph Kilzer on the paying of property tax; Other ideas circulating among committee members.
- DETERMINANTS OF THE PROPERTY TAX LEVEL: A CASE STUDY OF NORTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY. Beck, Morris // National Tax Journal;Mar65, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p74
Explains the variation in property tax rates in Northeastern New Jersey. Determinants of the property tax level; Influence of land use on property tax rates; Presence of a strong positive association between the tax rate and measure of density.
- PROPERTY TAX CAPITALIZATION IN SAN FRANCISCO. Smith, R. Stafford // National Tax Journal;Jun70, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p177
Studies the effect of a property tax change on property values in the city of San Francisco, California. Assessment of the commercial and industrial properties in the city; Development of price-predicting equations; Variations in sale price to assessed value ratios according to sale price and age.
- Property tax revenue at all-time high. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p9
Reports on property tax revenues in Utah for 1999 according to the Utah Taxpayers Association. Percent increase over 1998; Contributing factors.
- School Bills Loom. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;12/15/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31781, p33
Announces the proposed increase of property tax rates for the year 2003 in Vermont. Amount of the increase in property tax in Guilford, Dummerston, Putney, and Vernon districts in Vermont.
- Cases in brief. // Appraisal Journal;Jul94, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p476
Presents a summary of the Iowa case `St. Ambrose Univ. v. Board of Review,' in which the court ruled that a residence used by a religious university's vice president of ministry that was not located on the central campus is exempt from general property tax. Case details.