- Property Taxes and Investment Portfolios. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;11/02/98, Vol. 11 Issue 39, p12
Editorial. Proposes the application of property tax to investment portfolios in New Jersey. Extensions of property taxation; Challenges to the proposal; Contention on the need to revise property tax to address changes in the forms of wealth.
- A very bad tax proposal. // Business News New Jersey;02/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
Editorial. Focuses on a real property tax proposal in New Jersey. Option of the municipalities to change the property tax rates; Impact on the business community.
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/6/95, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p1
Highlights that pressure is growing to substitute a county income tax for the nation's highest repressive property taxes.
- N.D. joins not-for-profit property tax debate. Hallam, Kristen // Modern Healthcare;03/23/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p20
Presents views of the North Dakota's legislature on the idea of allowing communities to levy property taxes on previously tax-exempt hospitals. Proposal of Representative Ralph Kilzer on the paying of property tax; Other ideas circulating among committee members.
- DETERMINANTS OF THE PROPERTY TAX LEVEL: A CASE STUDY OF NORTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY. Beck, Morris // National Tax Journal;Mar65, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p74
Explains the variation in property tax rates in Northeastern New Jersey. Determinants of the property tax level; Influence of land use on property tax rates; Presence of a strong positive association between the tax rate and measure of density.
- PROPERTY TAX CAPITALIZATION IN SAN FRANCISCO. Smith, R. Stafford // National Tax Journal;Jun70, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p177
Studies the effect of a property tax change on property values in the city of San Francisco, California. Assessment of the commercial and industrial properties in the city; Development of price-predicting equations; Variations in sale price to assessed value ratios according to sale price and age.
- Property tax revenue at all-time high. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p9
Reports on property tax revenues in Utah for 1999 according to the Utah Taxpayers Association. Percent increase over 1998; Contributing factors.
- Cases in brief. // Appraisal Journal;Jul94, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p476
Presents a summary of the Iowa case `St. Ambrose Univ. v. Board of Review,' in which the court ruled that a residence used by a religious university's vice president of ministry that was not located on the central campus is exempt from general property tax. Case details.
- Heaven or Hell: What Fate Awaits Post-Property Tax Arkansas? Veasey, R. Lawson; Hy, Ronn // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Spring2000, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p1
Offers a look at the debates and controversies raised in relation to the implementation of property taxes in Arkansas. Philosophy behind taxation; Basis of the real estate property tax; Taxation of personal property; Beneficiaries of property tax revenues; Movements to abolish the property tax;...