School Funding Revamp?
- Note Sale for Transpark in Kentucky Gets Go-Ahead From County Judge. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p4
Reports the court ruling on the issuance of bond for the transportation park project in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Construction of the airport; Enhancement of economic development; Budget for land acquisitions and infrastructure.
- In Granting Stay, Arkansas Supreme Court Prevents School Funding Overhaul. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31220, p3
Reports the ruling of the Supreme Court on the funding of schools in Arkansas. Improvement of the school finance formula; Endorsement of school finance plan by Governor Mike Huckabee; Annual state budget for public schools.
- N.Y. System Of State Aid Thrown Out. Keller, Bess // Education Week;01/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
Reports the court ruling to overhaul the education financing system in New York, New York. Violation of the federal civil rights law by the financing system; Percentage of state budget afforded to school aid; Determination of quality education available to students; Need to change system to...
- McGreevey Asks N.J. Supreme Court for Ruling Allowing Contract Bond Sales. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;9/18/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31473, p36
Focuses on the emergency court ruling requested by Governor James E. McGreevey for the clearing of $1.2 billion in contract bonds in New Jersey. Impact of a non approval on the nonvoter-approved debt; Projects affected by the blocking of contract bond sales; Criticisms to the motion of the state.
- Judge rules against Texas school finance system. STERLING, ED // Graham Leader;2/24/2013, Vol. 137 Issue 55, p11A
The article discusses the state district court ruling in Travis County, Texas on February 4, 2013 which declares the failure of the current school finance system in Texas to provide substantial equal revenue access needed for the general diffusion of knowledge.
- Wyoming High Court Decision Could Affect School Bonding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31240, p3
Reports on the impact of a Supreme Court arbitration on school construction finances in Wyoming. Inability of ruling to affect school bond sales;Amount of outstanding debt of schools; Financing plan ordered by the court.
- Money or money's worth. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;May93, Vol. 111 Issue 1197, p105
Reports on the British Court of Appeals decision in the legal case 'Capcount Trading versus Evans,' wherein loss on the disposal of Canadian shares acquired and sold for Canadian dollars was computed by reference to the sterling equivalent of the purchase consideration at the date of acquisition...
- N.Y. Judge Rolls Back MTA Fare Increase. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;5/15/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31636, p40
A New York Supreme Court judge Louis B. York ordered the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to roll back the increase in fare of the New York City subway, the Long Island Railroad, the Metro-North Railroad, the Staten Island Rapid Transit Operating Authority, and the Long Island Bus Company....
- Florida Judge Overturns Opportunity Scholarship Program. // America;04/01/2000, Vol. 182 Issue 11, p4
Deals with the unconstitutional ruling of a Florida Circuit judge on the case of the Opportunity Scholarship Program concerning the use of public funds in private schools. Supporters of the program; Passage of the case to higher courts.