Connecticut Will See a Budget Fight Despite Revenue Boost
- Connecticut Lawmakers May Delay $800 Million Debt Authorization. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p37
Reports on the delayed approval of general obligation bonds by the Connecticut General Assembly. Deferment of a special legislative session; Authorization of the general obligation bond; Need for substantial bonding for municipalities.
- Connecticut Senate Narrowly Passes Budget. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;6/5/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33923, p4
The article informs that the budget plans worth of 37.6 billion dollars for the 2014 fiscal year for Connecticut has been approved by the states Senate committee.
- Bleary-Eyed Connecticut Lawmakers Pass $40B Budget. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;6/4/2015, p12
The article reports on the approval of Connecticut's budget by the state's House of Representatives and Senate on June 3, 2015.
- Legislators dose 2013 state budget gap. BISSELL, JENNIFER // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/31/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 53, p2
The article reports on the bipartisan bill passed by the General Assembly of Connecticut which requires budget cuts in hospitals and social services in the states to close the budget gap of the state in 2013.
- Connecticut Lawmakers to Convene For Special Session on Bond Package. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;10/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32744, p28
The article reports that the House and Senate assemblies of Connecticut will hold a special session on October 30, 2007 to make a decision on the biennial general obligation bond package passed by the General Assembly on September 20. The Senate session will be held at 10:30 a.m., while the...
- Connecticut Lawmakers Agree on Smaller $2.82B Bond Package. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;10/31/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32745, p31
The article reports on the passage of the $2.82 billion biennial fiscal bond package by the General Assembly in Connecticut. The smaller bond package involves the $319.1 million fiscal 2008 capital budget and approximately $62 million fiscal 2009 budget. It has no funding for the Municipal...
- Crunching numbers. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the projections concerning the budget deficit in Connecticut. Amount of deficit estimated by Comptroller Nancy Wyman; Estimated deficit announced by the Independent Office of Fiscal Analysis; Type of data used in the estimation of budget deficit.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p28
Reports developments related to bonds and the bond market in the southwestern states of the United States. Prediction of low revenue collections by the Department of Finance and Administration; Approval of the SB 289 by the Public Transportation Committee; Presentation of proposed budget...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;2/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33053, p30
The article lists the top ten e-mailed stories regarding bonds in the U.S. including the launching of the post-issuance compliance check on governmental bond issuers by the Internal Revenue Service, the municipal bond yield curve and the budget deficits in San Francisco, California.