Indiana Taxpayers Want Injunction in Reassessment Case
- An exploratory study of the framework of the Hong Kong tax agent system. Cheung, Daniel K.C.; Mak, Aldous // International Tax Journal;Fall99, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p69
Presents an exploratory study of the framework of the Hong Kong tax agent system. Comparisons of tax agents systems among different countries; Reasons for introducing registration of tax agents; Opinions on the framework of the tax agent system.
- Bosque Co. voters shoot down ESD. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/14/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the disapproval for the establishment of an Emergency Services District in Texas by the Bosque County voters.
- Tax tracks towards fair pay. // Finance Week;04/14/2000, p11
Discusses improved tax collection efficiencies in South Africa. Decision to make the Receiver's office an independent entity responsible for its own staff, salaries and capital expenditure; Other public sector agencies' emulation of the tax service's model of operational autonomy; Projected...
- Consumption Tax Would Hurt Munis, Maryland County Official Tells Panel. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32115, p5
Reports on drawbacks of a proposed bill to shift the tax collection system to a consumption-based tax in the U.S. Provisions of the new tax collection system bill; Possibility for tax-exempt bonds deterioration; Probability of debt issuance cost increases.
- Procedures for collection of delinquent taxes. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);8/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p6
The article presents information on the procedures employed by the Donley County Appraisal District in collecting delinquent taxes. The appraisal district mail delinquent notices to all owners of delinquent tax accounts in May. On July 1 of each year, all delinquent tax accounts are turned over...
- Republic of Ireland tax deadlines. Fennell, David // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2005, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p44
Provides information regarding tax payment deadlines for business enterprises and residents in Ireland.
- E-COMMERCE SALES TAX IS NO SURE THING THIS YEAR. Jones, Jennifer // InfoWorld;02/05/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p10
Reports that state government groups in the United States cancelled efforts to standardize sales tax collection across states with such a tax. Estimated loss of states in uncollected sales tax on Internet purchases by 2003; Information on the Streamlined Sales Tax Project of the National...
- CPAs Sue IRS over PTIN Fees. Cohn, Michael // Accountingtoday.com;9/12/2014, p1
The article reports that a class-action complaint was filed by two certified public accountants (CPAs) against the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to challenge regulations requiring annual registration and fee payment to get and maintain a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) on...
- Suffolk County Tax Lien Sale. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/22/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 60, p1
The article announces the sale of several tracts, lots, pieces of parcels of land arising from the tax levy of 2006-2007 in Suffolk County, New York. The amount of tax liens taken from the sale will be paid for unpaid taxes that will be sufficient to pay all county, town, highway, and school...