Tobacco Firm Wants Summary Judgment; MSA Challenged
- Attorneys Laud Judge's Discovery Order in Heritage Case. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31494, p40
Reports the lawsuit filed by a bondholder concerning the Heritage Healthcare bond default in Chicago, Illinois. Details of the case; Enhancement of investor protection; Denial of motions for summary judgments.
- Don't Send Cash--The Message Was Not Heeded By The Plaintiff Who Misjudged FedEx's Controls. Rogak, Lawrence N. // Insurance Advocate;4/28/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 16, p14
Presents a court case involving Forman versus Federal Express Corp. Option of both the defendant and the plaintiff for a summary judgement; Specifications of the case; Outline of the court's decision.
- Professional conduct: summary reports. // Accountancy;Sep2006, Vol. 138 Issue 1357, p124
The article presents numerous disciplinary proceedings and briefly summarizes them. Particular focus is given to professional conduct. Committee's whose summary reports are provided include the Insolvency Licensing Committee and the Audit Registration Committee. The article states that full...
- A Small Police Department's Success. Wilcox, William L. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Feb2004, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p18
Deals with the benefits gained by the German Township, Ohio Police Department from getting accredited from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement. Discussion on several benefits, including controlled liability insurance costs and stronger defense against lawsuits and citizen...
- What Is My Complaint? Poser, Pensive // Procurement Lawyer;Spring2010, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p9
The article offers information on faults a protestor finds with the bid protest counsel procedure in the U.S. It informs that protestors are unable to amend or add anything to the complaint that has already been filed. It mentions that bid protest actions are quick affairs as everyone cooperates...
- Fired Baton Rouge Employee Alleges Discrimination. Evelyn, Jamilah // Black Issues in Higher Education;05/13/99, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p17
Provides information on the job complaints of Lisa Morales, a former instructor at Baton Rouge Community College against college administrators in Louisiana. Views of Morales on why she was fired at the college; Account of the lawsuit filed by Morales in the United States District Court;...
- BPR complaints decreasing. // Tennessee Bar Journal;Feb2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p6
This article focuses on the decrease in Board of Professional Responsibility complaints. The complaints reported a decrease of 5.8% for the period July 1, 2003, through June 30, 2004, in its 28th annual report. There were 926 files opened, down from 983 opened during a similar period the...
- CHEVRON-TEXACO ON TRIAL. Koenig, Kevin // World Watch;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p10
Presents a suitcase filed by Ecuadorians against Chevron Texaco Corp. Incidents that lead to the court case; Gains and loses of Ecuadorians from the company; List of grievances filed in the suit against the company; Description of the first day of trial. INSETS: THE LAW BEHIND THE...
- Battle Heats Up Over Massive Payment-Card Antitrust Settlement. HAMSTRA, MARK // SN: Supermarket News;6/3/2013, Vol. 61 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that a lawsuit has filed by a group of retailers in the U.S. that withdrew from a proposed antitrust settlement against the payment-card companies.