April Volume Lags March
- California ERB Boost. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31947, p1
Reports on the growth in the municipal bond volume during the first half of 2004 in the Far West. Increase of bonds in the health care sector; Decline in fixed-rate issues and the education sector; Contribution of the California economic recovery bonds in the increase.
- Judge OKs Harrisburg Recovery Plan. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;9/20/2013, p29
The article discusses the approval by a Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania judge of a financial recovery plan to keep Harrisburg, Pennsylvania from bankruptcy. Topics discussed include the Harrisburg Strong plan featuring the sale of the city incinerator to the Lancaster County Solid Waste...
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, August 2. // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Presents charts depicting municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2, 2004.
- Austin Selling $118M in Four-Part Deal for Very Different Uses. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p7
Reports on the approval of a plan to issue a debt in the market by the City Council of Austin, Texas. Utilization of the i-Deal Parity electronic bidding platform in the sale; Decision to sell public improvement bonds, certificates of obligation, and public property finance contractual...
- Liberty Zone Extension Near Passage. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p1
Reports on the U.S. House's near approval of a tax legislation that would extend the New York Liberty zone private-activity bond program for five years and restore the qualified zone academy bond program through the end of 2005. Extension of the separate authority for tax-exempt bonds issued in...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of Nonfarm Payrolls Report. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p2
Reports on the outcome of the municipal bond trading in the U.S. as of October 6, 2005. Unwillingness of buyers to take on more paper out for the bid; Continuation of the activity of long bonds; Composition of the bonds involved during the trading session.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p7
Presents a chart depicting the Bond Market Association Municipal Swap Index in the U.S.
- Sizeable Illinois Deals Help Primary Take Spotlight. Johnson, Anastasija; Curan, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p2
The article discusses developments in the municipal bond market in the U.S. Springfield, Illinois offered electric revenue bonds valued at $315 million, which was marketed by Citigroup Global Markets Inc. Morgan Stanley selectively lowered the yields of New York State Power Authority's revenue...