Pharmacokinetics of Three Organic Nitrates in Chinese Healthy Male Volunteers
- Population Pharmacokinetic Modelling and Estimation of Dosing Strategy for NXY-059, a Nitrone Being Developed for Stroke. Jönsson, Siv; Cheng, Yi-Fang; Edenius, Charlotte; Lees, Kennedy R.; Odergren, Tomas; Karlsson, Mats O. // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;2005, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p863
Background and objectives: NXY-059 (disufenton sodium, CeroviveÂ®), a nitrone with neuroprotective and free radical trapping properties (in experimental stroke) is under development for the treatment of acute stroke. The objectives of this study were to develop a population pharmacokinetic...
- Pharmacokinetics of Deramciclane, a Novel Anxiolytic Agent, after Intravenous and Oral Administration. Huupponen, Risto; Paija, Outi; Salonen, Markku; Björklund, Harry; Rouru, Juha; Anttila, Markku // Drugs in R&D;2003, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p339
Background and objective: Deramciclane is a new compound that has shown anxiolytic effects in animal experiments and in human studies. The aim of this study was to determine the pharmacokinetic parameters of deramciclane after intravenous and oral administration, and its oral bioavailability....
- Population pharmacokinetics of topotecan: intraindividual variability in total drug. Montazeri, Ashraf; Boucaud, Maude; Lokiec, François; Pinguet, Frédéric; Culine, Stéphane; Déporte-Féty, Régine; Albin, Nicolas; Laguerre, Brigitte; Goupil, Alain; Bugat, Roland; Canal, Pierre; Chatelut, Etienne // Cancer Chemotherapy & Pharmacology;Nov2000, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p375
The inter- and intraindividual variabilities in topotecan clearance (CL) were explored using a population pharmacokinetic approach. Total (lactone + hydroxy acid) topotecan plasma concentrations were obtained in 31 women with metastatic epithelial ovarian cancer treated by the 30-min intravenous...
- Pharmacokineticâ€“pharmacodynamic model for the anticholinergic effect of glycopyrrolate. Penttilä, Jani; Helminen, Antti; Luomala, Kirsti; Scheinin, Harry // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;May2001, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p153
Objective: The purpose of this study was to develop and test a pharmacokineticâ€“pharmacodynamic (PKâ€“PD) model for the anticholinergic effect of glycopyrrolate in eight healthy male volunteers. Methods: First, arterial drug concentration (Cp) data after a single intravenous (i.v.)...
- Greater risk seen in tainted wellwater. Franklin, Deborah; Lehrman, Sally // Health (Time Inc. Health);Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p18
Reports on investigation into the spate of miscarriages among neighbors in rural Indiana. Nitrate, a common groundwater contaminant, as the reason for the miscarriages; Common source of contamination.
- Are nitrates good for us? Bonner, John // New Scientist;7/20/96, Vol. 151 Issue 2039, p17
Reports on the results of a study showing that dietary nitrates are an essential part of the body's mechanism for neutralizing toxic bacteria in the stomach. Occurrence of nitrates in green plants; Concerns on the link between nitrates and methemeglobinemia.
- Shortcut Formulae for Pharmacokinetic Dosage Adjustments. Belloto Jr., Robert J. // Clinical Pharmacokinetics;2009, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p555
Dosage adjustments can be difficult and time-consuming, especially for the non-specialist. The objective of this investigation was to obtain shortcut formulae to calculate dosage adjustments for (i) a drug obeying linear pharmacokinetics (i.e. first order) and given orally, by a continuous...
- Clinical pharmacokinetics of bevacizumab in patients with solid tumors. Jian-Feng Lu; Bruno, Rene; Eppler, Steve; Novotny, William; Lum, Bert; Gaudreault, Jacques // Cancer Chemotherapy & Pharmacology;Oct2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p779
To characterize the population pharmacokinetics of bevacizumab and the influence of demographic factors, disease severity, and concomitantly used chemotherapy agents on itâ€™s pharmacokinetic behavior. Data from eight clinical trials with bevacizumab administered by intravenous infusion...
- Increased exercise tolerance with nitrated in beta-blockaded patients with angina. Baxter, R.H.; Lennox, I.M. // British Medical Journal;8/27/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6086, p550
Examines the increased exercise tolerance with nitrates in beta-blockaded patients with angina. Beneficial effects of beta-blockers; Performance of standardized multistage exercise test; Limitations on the use of sublingual nitrates.