- A Model Depicting Salespeople's Perceptions. Sager, Jeffrey K.; Junsub Yi // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;Summer98, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
This study develops a model that consolidates knowledge involving salespeople's perceptions of their sales manager's behavior with knowledge relating to other perceptions and intentions. Relationships tested in the model indicate that the sales manager's behavior drives salespeople's attitude,...
- Great salespeople aren't born, they develop day by day. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/23/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p37A
Presents advice on how to train sales people. Need for trainers to be better in selling than their salespeople; Use of role playing; Description of effective contests; Support of sales efforts.
- In the business world, nice guys finish first. Gitomer // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/03/99, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p34A
Advises sales people and sales managers on being friendly. Levels of competency in being friendly; Benefits from being friendly; Hiring of friendly people.
- What salespeople expect from their managers. Lemmon, Ronald A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/17/95, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p17
Presents advice on how sales managers can provide the kind of management relationship desired by sales persons. Includes cultivation of trust; Guidance; Professional help; Opportunity for salespersons to exhibit their skills; Recognition; Determination of the proper style of leadership.
- Taking it personally. Ingenito // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p46
Describes how successful sales representatives keep themselves motivated despite frustrating difficulties. Enjoyment in using persuasiveness in closing a sale; Attitude toward rejection; High ego drive; Importance of cold calling; Taking of vacation to energize one's self; Listing of things...
- The Seven Types Of Salespeople. // American Salesman;Jul2001, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p22
Presents information on several types of sales professionals. Attitude of the diplomat type; Conduct of the rejection dreader type; Importance of ethics; Reason successful salespeople have positive mental attitude.
- Role Models. Greshes, Warren // Sales & Service Excellence;Jan2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses various aspects of being a successful sales manager. Manager is responsible for recruiting, training, motivating, planning, and budgeting. It is mentioned that the best role models are people who are accessible. It is stated that being a manager or leader is like being a...
- Grappling With Spot Load Dilemma. Schiffman, Marc // Billboard;02/13/99, Vol. 111 Issue 7, p103
Discusses the dilemma of sales managers regarding the number of radio advertising spots. The view of several industry professionals, including Irv Zelt, general sales manager at album rock WIYY (98 Rock) Baltimore; View of some that too many advertisements could hurt radio stations.
- Check Your Attitude. // Sales Leader;Mar2007, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p3
A quiz concerning the attitudes of salespeople is presented.