Parkinson slams Landmark critics
- Landmark puts for sale sign on English stores. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p1
Reports that Great Britain-based Landmark has abandoned the retail furniture sector and has put all its English stores up for sale. Criticism of Landmark's departure from the furniture retail sector; Amount of goods removed from the Cardiff Kingsway store.
- Landmark gives Dorset a store opening treat. // Cabinet Maker;03/05/99, Issue 5128, p33
Reports on Landmark's celebration of the opening of its store in Bournemouth, England. Discount offers for customers.
- Landmark. // Cabinet Maker;05/19/2000, Issue 5188, p11
Evaluates the furniture store of Landmark at 1 Seafield Road in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Making a mark. Vines, Lucy // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p16
Reports on Landmark chairman Malcolm Parkinson's expansion plans for the British furniture retailer. Company's acquisition of 12 stores from Essex Furniture in 1998; Lack of a Landmark presence in the Midlands/Northern region of the country; Creation of a new identity and internal store look for...
- Landmark boss scotches Furnitureland rumour. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;02/05/99, Issue 5124, p3
Reports on the statement by Malcolm Parkinson, chief executive of British furniture firm Landmark, that the firm has no plan to buy Furnitureland. Purchase of Furnitureland in January 1998 by Steven Boler who died in November 1998; Store expansion.
- Landmark: orders still outstanding. // Cabinet Maker;10/13/2000, Issue 5209, p4
Discloses Landmark's admission of a delay in the delivery of orders, with customers waiting for furniture they ordered since January 2000.
- Landmark fire. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p2
Reports on a fire that damaged Landmark's branch in Yeovil, England. Estimated cost of damage.
- Landmark. // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service at retail store Landmark.
- Landmark Old Edinburgh Road. // Cabinet Maker;05/05/2000, Issue 5186, p10
Observes the customer and sales services at Landmark in Old Edinburgh Road in London, England.