Disabled fight factory closure
- Egypt--The New Frontier? Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Dec2000, Vol. 105 Issue 13, p23
Part I. Looks at the history and the state of the furniture industry in Egypt. Development of the industry over the centuries; Problems about the attitude of young people towards the industry in the 21st century; Quality of artisan skills: Manufacturing capabilities.
- people on the move. // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p44
Reports developments on furniture industry and trade in the United States. Appointment of Robert Crewer as chairman of the board of the North American Retail Dealers; Awards given to Executive Officer Wayne Wickstrom; Company operation of Carolina Mirror.
- CEO's put your CIOs in the executive suite. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;9/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p66
Comments on the factors needed for the survival and growth of the furniture industry in the U.S. Competitiveness; Quality of product; Role of the chief information officer.
- BSSA training courses. // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p3
Reports on the Delivering Customer Needs training course for the furniture industry in Great Britain sponsored by the BSSA on April 11 and 12, 2000.
- Learning difficulties. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;02/26/99, Issue 5127, p16
Focuses on the problems on the training of furniture workers in Great Britain and efforts of manufacturers to address the problem. Difficulty for manufacturers to recruit skilled machinists; Leitz UK's introduction of a manual on tooling selection, cutting angles and materials; Masterwood UK's...
- Order! Order! // Cabinet Maker;4/11/2008, Issue 5583, p42
The article reports on the challenges facing the furniture industry in Great Britain. It states that the George Pryce Furniture Forum focused its discussion on the factors that contribute to the development of problems within the industry. These include the failure to market furniture at...
- Cashflow crisis forces Duckers' liquidation. // Cabinet Maker;05/18/2001, Issue 5238, p6
Reports the liquidation of Duckers Furniture company in Great Britain. Impact of the company closure to job losses and production stoppage; Confirmation of financial cashflow crisis by liquidator Gary Blackburn; Effect of competition with cheaper imports to company losses.
- Spiralling salary bills bring downsizing threat. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;11/13/98, Issue 5114, p3
Reports on the survey conducted by Plimsoll Publishing on the possible downsizing of furniture retailers in Great Britain, as a result of rising wages. Average total salary bill as percentage of sales; Other financial pressures affecting furniture companies.
- Hooker lays off 100, resumes 40-hour week. // Furniture/Today;9/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p2
Reports the dismissal of employees of case goods and occasional manufacturing and importer Hooker Furniture in Martinsville, Virginia. Effects of the dismissal on the working schedule; Percentage of dismissed workers from the total workforce; Benefits of dismissed employees.