Accuracy of reporting of family history of colorectal cancer
- RECTAL ABERRANT CRYPT FOCI IDENTIFIED USING HIGH-MAGNIFICATION-CHROMOSCOPIC COLONOSCOPY: BIOMARKERS FOR RIGHT-HEMICOLONIC FLAT AND DEPRESSED NEOPLASIA. Hurlstone, D. P.; Cross, S. S.; Shorthouse, A. J.; Brown, S.; Adam, I.; Lobo, A. J. // Gut;Apr2004 Supplement 3, Vol. 53, pA9
Aberrant crypt foci (ACF) may represent pre-neoplastic lesions in the human colon. The prevalence of ACF detected using magnification chromoscopic colonoscopy is known to follow a stepwise progression from normal subjects to those with exophytic adenomas and colon cancer (CC). No studies have...
- Colon PillCam: Why Not Just Take a Pill? Eliakim, Rami; Adler, Samuel // Digestive Diseases & Sciences;Mar2015, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p660
This review article deals with the clinical value of capsule endoscopy for visualization of the colon. Since its introduction in 2006, the colon capsule endoscopy underwent major technological improvements. The improved performance of colon capsule endoscopy is reviewed based on three...
- Extracolonic findings at virtual colonoscopy: an important consideration in asymptomatic colorectal cancer screening. Kimberly, James R.; Phillips, Kim C.; Santago, Pete; Perumpillichira, James; Bechtold, Robert; Pineau, Benoit; Vining, David; Bloomfeld, Richard S. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jan2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p69
Background:Virtual colonoscopy has been evaluated for use as a colorectal cancer screening tool, and in prior studies, it has been estimated that the evaluation of extra-colonic findings adds $28-$34 per patient studied. Methods:As an ancillary study to a prospective...
- Sporadic duodenal adenoma is associated with colorectal neoplasia. Murray, M. A.; Zimmerman, M. J.; Ee, H. C. // Gut;Feb2004, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p261
Objective: The objective of this study was to assess the association between colorectal neoplasia and sporadic duodenal adenoma. Methods: A retrospective case control study was conducted using the databases of two major teaching hospitals in Western Australia. The frequency of colorectal...
- Colorectal Laterally Spreading Tumors by Computed Tomographic Colonography. Kakugawa, Yasuo; Saito, Yutaka; Matsuda, Takahisa; Nakajima, Takeshi; Miyake, Mototaka; Iinuma, Gen // International Journal of Molecular Sciences;Dec2013, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p23629
To date, few reports focused primarily on detecting colorectal laterally spreading tumors (LSTs) have been published. The aim of this study was to determine the visibility of LSTs on computed tomographic colonography (CTC) compared with that on colonoscopy as a standard. We retrospectively...
- Lead time bias in estimating survival outcomes. Facciorusso, Antonio; Ferrusquía, Jose; Muscatiello, Nicola // Gut;Mar2016, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p538
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Population-Based Assessment of the Outcomes in Patients With Postcolonoscopy Colorectal Cancers," by A. Govindarajan et al. in the March 6, 2015 online issue.
- Continuing Medical Education Questions: July 2011. DeVault, Kenneth R.; Carey, Emily; Hanouneh, Ibrahim; Kane, Saul; Navaneethan, Udayakumar // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul2011, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p1207
A quiz concerning colonoscopy of elderly patients with colorectal cancer is presented.
- P-0214COLONOSCOPIC SCREENING OF ASYMPTOMATIC FIRST-DEGREE RELATIVES OF PATIENTS WITH COLORECTAL CANCER. Trifan, Anca; Rusu, Maria; Cojocariu, Camelia; Singeap, Ana Maria; Sfarti, Catalin; Stanciu, Carol // Annals of Oncology;Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue suppl_4, piv96
No abstract available.
- Probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy for evaluating the submucosal invasion of colorectal neoplasms. Kim, Bun; Kim, Yon; Park, Soo; Cheon, Jae; Kim, Tae; Kim, Won; Kim, Hoguen; Hong, Sung; Kim, Yon Hee; Park, Soo Jung; Cheon, Jae Hee; Kim, Tae Il; Kim, Won Ho; Hong, Sung Pil // Surgical Endoscopy;Feb2017, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p594
Background:Probe-based confocal laser endomicroscopy (pCLE) is a novel method for in vivo histological analysis of colorectal neoplasm mucosa, which provides meaningful information for the development of adequate therapeutic strategies. However, the in vivo histology of colorectal...