- Puerto Rico Stays With MBIA. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p1
The article reports that MBIA Insurance Corp. has insured a portion of Puerto Rico's $1 billion June 2008 bond refunding deal despite being downgraded by Moody's Investors Service to A2 with a negative outlook from its previous triple-A rating. The government of Puerto Rico is slated to sell...
- MBIA Expects Drop in Adjusted Direct Premiums. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p39
Reports on the expectations of bond insurer MBIA Insurance Corp., for a decrease in direct premiums. Announcement of a multimillion-dollar case loss reserve by the bond insurer; Affirmation of the rating of MBIA by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Rate of the health care bonds issued by the Osteopathic Hospital.
- Fitch affirms MBIA's AAA. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;09/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30727, p29
Reports on the rating given to the bonds of the MBIA Insurance Corp. Reasons for the rating given to the company.
- S&P Adds Claims-Paying, Liquidity Analysis to Annual Reports. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p7
Standard & Poor's Corp., the bond rating agency has publicized an analysis on the claims-paying ability and liquidity of bond insurers in its annual reports, the agency announced this week. In a prepared statement released earlier this week, Standard & Poor's said that ï¿½ cash availability...
- Fitch Lowers Florida High-Risk Insurer, Gives Negative Outlook. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p1
Reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to lower the ratings for the bond issued by Citizens Property Insurance Corp. in Florida. Indication of the downgrade in the insurer's significant losses; Amount of outstanding debt of the insurer; Assurance of the ratings agency that bondholders are...
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;2/28/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32079, p10
This article presents tentative dates for negotiated sales of bonds. The issuers include, Scottsdale, Los Angeles, South Gate, Connecticut Hgr Educ Loan, Seminoie County, Kentucky Hsg Corp, Prince George's County, Monroe County, etc. Description of the bonds are also given in a table....
- MARYLAND: Charles County Preps $47M. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/17/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32837, p9
The article reports on the issuance of $47 million general obligation bonds on March 25, 2008 in Charles County, Maryland. It will include $27 million of tax-exempt bonds and $20 million of taxable debt. Bond proceeds will be used to fund various capital projects, including a stadium complex and...
- Miami Gets a Three-Notch Upgrade From S&P, to A-plus. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/17/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31822, p44
Reports on the upgrade of Miami's general obligation debt rating by Standard and Poor in Florida. Stability of the economic growth prospects; Percentage of fund expenditures and transfers; Diversification of the local economy.
- Raimondo: Rhode Island Deserves an Upgrade. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/9/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34374, p4
The article reports that Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo and other state officials will lobby for a bond rating upgrade when they meet with rating agencies in late September 2015. Topics include Rhode Island ending fiscal 2015 with a 166.4 million U.S. dollars in general fund surplus, its...