Cities Weigh Offer
- A Governor's Gamble. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p1
Reports on the bond issuance to provide a cash infusion for California in return for allowing expanded tribal gambling rights. Agreement between Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger with five Indian tribes; Reaction of the voters to two gaming proposals; Generation of additional state revenue.
- California's Prison Issues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p1
The article reports on the proposed issuance of lease revenue bonds by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to solve the increasing sense of crisis emerging in California's overcrowded prison system. The governor announced a special session of the Legislature to address the prison system. Construction...
- Arnold's amending plans for 2008. Snyder, Gabriel; Shprintz, Janet // Daily Variety;11/2/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 22, p1
Explores the political ambitions of California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. Need to amend the United States Constitution to allow Schwarzenegger to run for the presidency; Political trademark of Schwarzenegger; Schwarzenegger's views about the amendment of the Constitution.
- Schwarzenegger's $15B Plan Raises Doubts From Lawmakers. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p34
Reports on the plan of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to place a bond measure to pay off the accumulated budget deficit on the ballot in California. Reaction of legislators to the governor's plan; Impact of the proposed bond measure on the bond proposal for school construction deal; Rating of...
- Deadlocks and Mindsets. Campbell, John // Orange County Business Journal;12/15/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p43
Comments on the request of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger for a bond issue and a spending limit in California. Petition for real workers' compensation reform; Support of the Republican Assembly to the governor's request; Opposition of Democratic Senator John Burton on governor's proposal.
- Schwarzenegger's Gamble. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/13/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31799, p1
Focuses on the proposed budget for fiscal 2005 by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in California. Worth of the proposed budget; Link of the bond referendum to a spending capital measure; Call for the sale of pension obligation bonds.
- Sizing Up California's New Derivatives Market. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/5/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32481, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has approved a bill that legalize the use of derivatives and hedges on California general obligation bonds. The move opens door to the realm of public finance business in California. According to some officials, growth in the...
- Infrastructure Bonds on Back Burner. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p1
The article reports that California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed an executive order on January 24, 2007 that calls for the establishment of guidelines and accountability for effectively using the bond proceeds. The California State Allocation Board has released more than $300...
- CALIFORNIA: Yes to Yet More State Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p9
The article reports on the survey released by Public Policy Institute of California, disclosing that voters are inclined to favor Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposal to authorize an additional $43.3 billion of bonds. The bond proposal are in addition to the $42.7 billion of general...