A CFO Settles In
- Atlanta CFO Steps Down After 5-Year Stint. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;06/15/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30913, p4
Focuses on Atlanta, Georgia's chief financial officer Judith Blackwell's plan to get out of government service. Resignation from her post; Proposal to rejoin the private sector; Ability to attack large problems and bring solutions by attacking them head on; Appointment of Dominic Ochei as...
- California. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;09/05/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30224, p32
Reports on the Port of Oakland Commissioners' approval of an environmental review for plans to develop a US Navy industrial center once the Navy leaves in fiscal 1998. Environmentalists' opposition to the plan; Ratings on the port's $232.5 million of outstanding parity bonds.
- Dredging approval for Port of Oakland. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec98, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission's approval of a primary dredging plan which would deepen the inner and outer harbors of California's Port of Oakland to 50 feet. Port's plans to use material from the next round of dredging to create a 190-acre shallow...
- Clean Bill of Health. Quigley, Leo // Traffic World;11/12/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 46, p40
Focuses on the capital expansion of the Port of Oakland in California. Measurement of the efficiency of port operations; Introduction of an additional funding for the port; Agreement of SSA Terminals with the Port of Oakland.
- CALIFORNIA: Port's on Top. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/2/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31257, p39
Focuses on the growth in revenues generated in the Port of Oakland in Oakland, California between 1991-2000. Comparison in the increase in income from the port's revenue-generating divisions between the decade; Increase in operating income of the region; Estimation of operating revenues of the...
- Statement from Port of Oakland Acting Executive Director Flint. // American Journal of Transportation;11/5/2012, Issue 543, p22
The article presents the statement of Port of Oakland acting executive director Deborah Ale Flint related to the allegations on improper expenditures at the port.
- Port of Oakland. TEAGUE, ALEXANDRA // Southern Poetry Review;Jun2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p88
The poem "Port of Oakland," by Alexandra Teague is presented. First Line: As the recession lengthened, the freeway grew; Last Line: for the future, Hanjin. Hanjin. Hanjin. Hanjin.
- REALITY CHECK. Prince, Ted // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/1/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p15
The author explains the reason he thinks that the ports of Oakland, California and Norfolk, Virginia may not be able to achieve the amount of discretionary internodal cargo they wish to acquire in spite of the conversion of truck movements to rail. It says that the two ports, which are located...
- Port of Oakland night gates will stay open after subsidy ends. // American Journal of Transportation;6/13/2016, Issue 627, p28
The article reports that Port of Oakland will continue night operations even after a Port subsidy expires in June 2016.