J.P. Morgan Backs Ban on Consultants
- TBMA Seeks Changes to New G-38 Proposal. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32127, p4
The article reports that the Bond Market Association recently gave credit to the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) for coming up with a clear and simple new Rule G-38 that would bar dealers from using independent consultants to obtain municipal securities business. In a five-page...
- California Republican Sponsors Bill Classifying Bond Consultants as Lobbyists. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/6/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32127, p39
The article reports that Keith Richman, a California lawmaker is sponsoring legislation to regulate the use of bond consultants in the state. AB 513 would require bond consultants to register as lobbyists under California lobbying disclosure laws. Daniel Pellissier, chief of staff for the bill's...
- Making Use of Consultants Payments by Firms Up 70% Since 1998. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;9/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31729, p1
Part I. Reports on the multi-million dollar payment made by top-ranked municipal securities underwriters to consultants who are making political contributions to issuer and other officials in the U.S. Statement of Christopher Taylor, executive director of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board;...
- MSRB Elects Five to Replace Board Members Leaving Oct. 1. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/07/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31694, p5
Reports on the election of several members of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Need for the election; Members that are being replaced; People who have been appointed in their place.
- Direct ARS and VRDO Feed Would Cost $10,000 a Year. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/11/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33365, p5
The article reports on the possibility that the cost for variable rate demand obligations (VRDO) and direct auction-rate securities (ARS) to be submitted to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in the U.S. will cost 10,000 dollars a year.
- Regulator Marks 30 Years. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/2/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32210, p1
Celebrates the 30th year anniversary of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in Washington D.C. Factors that helped shape the growth and role of the municipal market's primary regulatory; History of the MSRB; Bond sales of the organization.
- MSRB Proposals Focus on MA Ads, Record Keeping. QUIGLEY, JOAN // Bond Buyer;8/11/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33564, p4
The article reports on the proposal by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to ban false and misleading advertising by municipal advisor and require them to make written records of their advisory engagements.
- Munis Unchanged, as Data Comes in Strong. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/3/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32621, p2
No abstract available.
- MSRB's Heavy Agenda: Defends Rule Changes for Underwriter Fair-Dealing. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;1/31/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33655, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) has defended its proposed guidance on fair-dealing for underwriters. It relates that the proposal would prohibit dealers from telling issuers not to hire a financial advisor. Moreover, the measure would require...