STATE SURVEILLANCE OF THE CPGB LEADERSHIP: 1920s-1950s
- Jean Rouverol, writer, 96. S. F. // Hollywood Reporter;11/30/2012, Issue 42, p53
The article focuses on the life and works of a writer, Jean Rouverol, who won a contract with Paramount Pictures at age 17, went on to appear in 12 other films, and became a member of the Communist Party which resulted to running away to Mexico with her family.
- Elite Politics and the Fourth Generation of Chinese Leadership. Zheng Yongnian; Lye Liang Fook, Shiping // Journal of Chinese Political Science;Mar2003, Vol. 8 Issue 1/2, p65
The personnel reshuffle at the 16[supth] National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party is widely regarded as the first smooth and peaceful transition of power in the Party's history. Some China observers have even argued that China's political succession has been institutionalized. While this...
- The Soviet Friendship. Nemzer, Louis // Public Opinion Quarterly;Summer49, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p265
The article focuses on various groups in the U.S. claiming to be friendship societies which agitate for acceptance of Soviet policies. According to the author, these groups have made their presence felt for a long time, across various countries including the U.S. They have a long history,...
- Leadership in Red. // India Today;2/21/2011, p5
The article reports that as of February 2011, the leadership of the Communist Party of India (Maoist) has been greatly diminished due to the number of deaths from skirmishes and arrests, that a number of Maoists feel that their party has moved away from the egalitarian principles it was...
- PLA Daily Message for the New Year. // Chinascope;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 61, p47
The article discusses an editorial published in "PLA Daily" which highlighted the importance of unity within the new Chinese Communist Party (CCP) leadership under Xi Jinping.
- Qiushi: Qiushi: The Chinese Communist Party Must Have Absolute Leadership over the Armed Forces. // Chinascope;May/Jun2013, Issue 63, p37
The article focuses on the article published by the periodical "Qiushi" on April 16, 2013 which shows the Chinese Communist Party's absolute leadership over the armed forces.
- General Office of the Party: The Party Has Absolute Leadership over the SOEs. // Chinascope;Sep/Oct2015, Issue 77, p33
An abstract of an article regarding the guidelines released by General Office of the Communist Party which stated that the party has absolute leadership over state-owned enterprises (SOEs) is presented.
- Od jakih lidera do kolektivnog liderstva: tranzicija u vrhu KomunistiÄke partije Kine. GRGIĆ, MLADEN // Politicka Misao: Croatian Political Science Review;2014, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p67
The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has maintained control over the Chinese political system since the establishment of the People's Republic in 1949. Although the Chinese economic system has experienced a drastic change, passing from socialist to more market-oriented economy, the CCP maintained...
- VÃCLAV KLAUS--THE STUDENTS SPEAK OUT. // New Presence: The Prague Journal of Central European Affairs;Summer2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p20
Presents opinions of several students on the election of VÃ¡clav Klaus as president of Czech Republic. Comments on the physical fitness of Klaus; Optimism on the efforts of Klaus to join the European Union; Speculation on his ability to legitimize the communist groups.