Toll Road Teams
- Skyway Bids Sought. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p31
Reports that Chicago, Illinois has qualified five business groups to submit bids to operate the city-run Chicago Skyway toll road, a plan devised to raise revenue to retire $400 million of outstanding toll-backed bonds, defease other debt, and build the city's ending cash balance. Contract to...
- Chicago Seeks Firms to Operate Skyway in Unique Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31833, p3
Reports that the city of Chicago, Illinois, is launching a preliminary search for firms interested in operating the Chicago Skyway toll road. Issuance of a request for qualifications in an attempt to seek experienced toll operators to apply to purchase long-term rights to operate and maintain...
- New waves at the Skyway. Elstrom, Peter J.W.; Lashinsky, Adam // Crain's Chicago Business;8/16/93, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p8
Reports on Chicago Skyway's and the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's plans to acquire updated equipment. Scanning equipment to speed up traffic; Automatic vehicle identification equipment.
- Slowing Skyway traffic squeezes new owners. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p2
The article reports that the recent decline in Chicago Skyway traffic is undercutting the investors that took the shortcut to Indiana private for $1.83 billion three years ago. It is stated that record gasoline prices and the weakening economy have led to a 14.6% drop in second-quarter traffic...
- Chicago Skyway Concession Sold to Canadian Pension Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/17/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34411, p1
A consortium of Canadian pension funds will take over the lease rights to the Chicago Skyway toll road for $2.8 billion.
- Chicago Skyway Concession Sold to Canadian Pension Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;11/16/2015, p20
The article reports taking over of lease rights to the Chicago Skyway toll road by the consortium of Canadian pension funds.
- Chicago Credit Boost? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/12/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32048, p31
The article focuses on the report released by Merrill Lynch & Co., according to which, the privatization of the Chicago Skyway toll road in Chicago, Illinois has made the city's general obligation credit an upgrade candidate. Fitch Ratings Inc. rates Chicago's US$5 billion of general obligations...
- Concrete Ideas May Improve Budgeting. Roth III, William F. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/27/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p20
The article reports on the efforts of several U.S. states to improve their budget. It states that on May 19, 2008, the state of Pennsylvania announced it had sold the Pennsylvania turnpike to an investment group. The city of Chicago in Illinois has privatize the Chicago Skyway. It was sold for...
- New York City TFA Plans $850M Sale. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/28/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34201, p1
New York City's Transitional Finance Authority plans to sell $850 million of future tax-secured subordinate bonds.