Change in Connecticut? Bond Commission Gets Agenda Four Days Early
- Tax-Day Boost Leads Connecticut Gov. to Consider Dropping Deals. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;4/20/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31866, p1
Reports that optimistic revenue projections are causing Connecticut Governor John Rowland to consider eliminating the sale of tobacco bonds and short-term deficit notes to fund operations in the year 2005. Amount of the tobacco bonds and deficit notes; Excess of the receipts from the...
- Connecticut Lawmaker Pushes Three Bond Bills Worth $1.4 Billion. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p4
Reports on the three separate bond bills filed by Senate president Kevin Sullivan that would authorize up to $1.39 billion bonds in fiscal 2005 in Connecticut. Funds available for community and economic development projects for cities and towns; Amount of special tax obligation bonds authorize...
- Conn. gov to compromise on medical malpractice. // Modern Healthcare;3/15/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p32
Reports on Connecticut Governor John Rowland's willingness to compromise on his proposal to cap jury awards to help ease the costs of medical malpractice insurance. Amount of the proposed cap; Malpractice bills being considered by lawmakers.
- Conn. Gov. Holds Court on Budget. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31660, p2
John Rowland, Governor of Connecticut, brought the budget home with him on June 18, 2003 as he invited legislative leaders to a meeting at the governor's mansion in Hartford. The legislature's Republican and Democratic leaders, as well as the heads of the appropriations and finance committees,...
- Downgrade Aversion: Connecticut Seeks to Cut Borrowing. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;8/08/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31695, p3
Reports that Governor John Rowland of Connecticut is seeking for ways to decrease state's dependence on borrowing. Decline in discretionary funding; Impact of the decline on issuance of bonds; Attempt to reduce capital spending in the state.
- Long road ahead for budget. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the budget proposal of Governor John G. Rowland in Connecticut. Details of the deficit mitigation plan; Reorganization of the state agencies; Reduction of the state programs.
- Rowland probe session wildcard. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/26/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p1
The investigation on the part of Connecticut state legislature on the question of beginning an impeachment against Governor John Rowland has raised the fear that important business issues will once again be put on the backburner this year. The issue had remained unresolved last year because of...
- Connecticut Governor Vetoes Bill Aimed at Electoral Abuses. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/08/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30886, p40
Reports on Connecticut Governor John Rowland's vetoing of a campaign finance reform legislation. Countering of the abuses of the electoral process; Trial of Paul Silvester for collecting kickbacks.
- Connecticut Bond Commission Records Subpoenaed in Rowland Ethics Probe. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p4
Reports that a special state legislative committee in Connecticut subpoenaed commission records as part of an investigation into ethics violations alleged against Governor John G. Rowland. Assignment of contractors to various bond-funded projects.