- It's Bondholders' Move After Puerto Rico Defaults. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;1/5/2016, p1
Bondholders are expected to weigh litigation against intensified negotiations with Puerto Rico this month, after the commonwealth missed $37 million of debt payments.
- New rules draining city coffers. Lynch, Michael // Northern Ontario Business;Jun2002, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the impact of the safe drinking water regulations on tourism operators in Northern Ontario. Problems of the municipal leaders on the Walkerton tragedy; Remarks from senior policy adviser Nicola Crawhall of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario concerning the issue.
- Versus. // Atlanta;Sep2007, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p56
The article presents a debate on which is the better city Decatur, Georgia, or Marietta in Atlanta, Georgia. It is stated that Decatur's charming, historic square full of cute shops and great dining is better than Marietta's corresponding area, also Decatur at times turn the area into a beach...
- Credit where it's due. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;12/17/2004-1/6/2005, p4
Examines both positive and negative news about local government finance in Great Britain. Announcement by the Audit Commission that two-thirds of single-tier and county councils are now rated as "excellent" or "good"; Ministers planning to bypass local education authorities and fund schools...
- City gains top credit rating. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, SURVEY p6
Focuses on the financial stability of Tshwane City in South Africa. Credit rating of the city; Budget and financial reform program of the city; Restructure of the loan books.
- It's only money, right? // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);06/04/99, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p5A
Reports that the town of Riverhead, New York has unveiled its annual financial report. Amount in debt owed by the municipality.
- MUNICIPAL COST INDEXES. // American City & County;Mar2003, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p60
Presents statistical data on the costs incurred by several cities and counties in the U.S. as of March 2003.
- Grow your own clean water: it's cheaper. // Australian Science Teachers Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p54
Discusses the findings of a report that big cities can save money spent on treating drinking water by preserving their forests. Comparison of costs associated with building water treatment plant and managing forest catchment area; Drinking-water supply to urban areas; Role of end users in...
- ASSESSMENT OF FERTILITY AND INFERTILITY IN BORON-EXPOSED TURKISH SUBPOPULATIONS 6: RELEVANT DATA FROM ALL CENTERS. Sayli, Bekir Sitki; C��l, Meltem; Elhan, Atila Hali; Gen�, Yasemin // Journal of Ankara Medical School;Dec2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p165
In this last article, part of a large-scale work to reveal health effects of boron exposure, findings of fertility-infertility states of subjects exposed to borates environmentally and/or occupationally in a country with the world's largest deposits are described. The study covered all centers...