Leasing Coalition to Push Alternative SILO Proposal
- FLA. TAX DUE ON TOTAL LEASE RENT PAID BY LESSEE. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;8/1/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on a technical assistance advisement issued by the Florida Department of Revenue on April 6, 2012 explaining the need for taxpayers to collect and present sales tax on the total lease rent payment made by the lessee.
- Getting to the bottom of the benefit. Offen, Trevor // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr99, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p83
Focuses on the benefits of putting rental properties into loss attributing qualifying companies (LACQ) and leases. Misconception that LACQ permit tax losses and tax-free capital gains; Regulations of the New Zealand Inland Revenue Department on taxation of leased properties.
- Lease stripping guidance. // Practical Accountant;Dec95, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of Notice 95-53 discussing certain tax consequences of lease stripping transactions.
- Imagine a better world. Côté, Marcel // CA Magazine;May2011, Vol. 144 Issue 4, p52
In this article the author discusses the financial condition of charitable and nonprofit organizations (CNO) in Canada. He relays that economic contribution of CNOs in the country is often underestimated. He is critical on the legislative bill that places significant restrictions on compensation...
- A grounded theory approach to the minerals resource rent tax. Kraal, Diane // Australian Tax Forum;2013, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p841
Governments around the world are under constant pressure to reduce deficits and balance their national budgets. The previous heterodoxy of suggesting new or higher taxes has now become orthodoxy. A recent example is the returned Barack Obama administration, which is emboldened to the task of...
- Taxability of Motor Vehicle Lease Options in Wis. Determined. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;11/15/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p3
The article discusses the exemption from sales and use tax of a motor vehicle lessor's product Lease Excess Wear Protection Waiver (LEWP) as determined by the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. The customers were offered to either pay for the LEWP upon signing of the lease, or include the cost...
- Ala. Electronic Single Point of Filing Program Created. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;6/1/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
The articles discusses Optional Network Election for Single Point Online Transaction (ONE SPOT), a program that allows taxpayer to pay state, country, or municipal sales, use, leasing or rental tax returns in Alabama. According to the article, the system must be up and running by September 30,...
- Cases in brief. // Appraisal Journal;Oct95, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p490
Presents the ruling of the District Court of Appeals of Florida in `Mykos v. City of Sarasota'. Non-exemption from taxes of land leased by city for profit; Governmental-proprietary function under the lease; Arguments of the plaintiff on appeal.
- Income Characterized as Nonpassive Under Self-Rental Rule. // Federal Tax Course Letter;Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p12
The article discusses a court case concerning the taxation for tractors and trailers held by two commonly leasing companies. It mentions that the taxpayer was the sole owner of the tractors and trailers which were leased as a separate unit, in which one of the truck leasing companies generated a...