Does age matter? An empirical examination of the effect of age on managerial values and practices in India
- DR. DOLITTLE'S ECONOMICS (Article). Wagel, William H. // Management Review;Mar76, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p61
Presents abstracts of the article on 'Dr. Dolittle's Economics,' which was published in the August 1975 issue of 'Business Horizons.' Efforts of lowering oil prices and reducing energy costs.
- Key indicators can help improve the performance of your business. Butler, Richard H. // Industrial Management;May/Jun95, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p2
Discusses the use of key indicators in the identification and measurement of activities necessary for operational success. Selection of key indicators; Danger of having too many indicators; Effectivity of using key indicators; Benefits derived from discussions about key indicators. INSET:...
- "Value Added"--The Key To Profitability. Free, Miles // Production Machining;Mar2008, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p21
The article discusses the concept of value added in industrial management. It defines value added in business as the difference of the calculated net operating profit minus a charge for the opportunity cost of capital, while in product, it is anything that changes its shape and character....
- Perceptions of Desirable Organizational Reforms in Chinese State Enterprises. Graf, Lee A.; Hemmasi, Masoud; Lust, John A.; Yuhua Liang // International Studies of Management & Organization;Spring/Summer90, Vol. 20 Issue 1/2, p47
This article presents the results of a study which examined managerial perspectives in Chinese work values and organizational philosophies. The study assessed the existing organizational and managerial conditions among business enterprises in China. It then analyzed managerial perceptions of how...
- Review of Arbitrage Pricing Theory. Divya, K. Hema; Devi, V. Rama // Asian Journal of Research in Business Economics & Management;Nov2013, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p1
A bibliography on the subject of business economics and management is presented which includes "Effects of Macroeconomic Factors on Share Prices," "Relevance of Macro Economic Factors for the Indian Stock Market," and "Impact of Macroeconomic Variables on Indian Stock Market."
- Business Economics-The End or a New Beginning? Lowes, Bryan; Sparkes, John R. // Business Horizons;Feb76, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p59
Focuses on the evolution of business economics in the United States. Role of the economist in the policy planning team; Application of economic analysis to corporate problems; Contributions of economics to the management field.
- The roots of revolution. Gendron, George // Inc.;Jun95, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p11
Editorial. Discusses the emergence of open-book management and asserts that we have entered a new era of heightened economic awareness. How this new approach to business is being developed by company owners, managers and employees; The notion that making money is the appropriate job of...
- Five rules to help weather the bad times. Werner, Tom // Laser Focus World;Nov2001, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p81
Looks into strategies to cope with business economics. Emphasis on core technologies; Planning for business programs; Creation of core competencies in product innovations.
- TÃœRKÄ°YE'DE Ä°Åž DÃœNYASI Ä°Ã‡Ä°N Ä°LK "Ä°ÅžLETME" DERGÄ°SÄ°: Ä°ÅžLETME-Ä°ÅžLETME EKONOMÄ°SÄ° VE ORGANÄ°ZASYON MECMUASI. Üsdiken, Behlül; Erçek, Mehmet // Journal of Management Research / Yonetim Arastirmalari Dergisi;2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p53
This article reports on an examination of the first practitioner-oriented journal in Turkey published between 1943 and 1948 under a title that in Turkish corresponded to the German word betrieb. The study shows that the journal was based mainly on the discipline of business economics...