An integrated model of knowledge transfer from MNC parent to China subsidiary
- INSTITUTIONAL PERSPECTIVE OF FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT STRATEGY. CHAN, CHRISTINE M. // Academy of Management Proceedings;2003, pE1
This paper develops the institutional perspective of foreign direct investment strategy. The main proposition is that an multinational corporation's (MNC) decision regarding foreign subsidiary ownership structure represents its desire to gain external and internal organizational legitimacy....
- WMI to sell Bio Gro unit. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p3
Focuses on the sale of Waste Management Inc. subsidiary, the Bio Gro Division of Wheelbrator Water Technologies Inc. Reason for sale of business; Impact of sale on Bio Gro; Company background of Bio Gro.
- MYOB Sells Canadian Unit. // Accounting Technology;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Presents the selling of Canadian operations of MYOB Limited to Intuit Canada Limited. Anticipation of the company as a competitive environment in a maturing market; Subsidiaries of the company.
- Golden rules for selling off. Bhattacharya, Keron // Accountancy;Jul1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1067, p76
Offers suggestions on how to sell off weak subsidiaries. Strategic planning; Rationalization based on strategic thinking; Role of the company's accounting systems; Tax implication; Significance of an appropriate cut-off point.
- Sale of subsidiaries. // Accountancy;Apr89, Vol. 103 Issue 1148, p22
Highlights Great Britain-based companies involved with selling their subsidiaries. Values of the deals; Sellers and acquirers of the assets.
- Encouraging entrepreneurial activity in multinational corporations. Birkinshaw, Julian // Business Horizons;May/Jun95, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p32
Examines the role of the national subsidiary in multinational corporations (MNC). Organizational response of MNCs to changes in customer demands; Development of a group of global managers; Disadvantages of the world mandate strategy.
- The subsidiaries of multinational enterprises operate regionally, not globally. Nguyen, Quyen T. K. // Multinational Business Review (Emerald Group Publishing Limited);2015, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p328
Purpose â€“ The purpose of this paper is to examine the determinants of home-region strategy of the multinational subsidiary and the impact of such a strategy on its performance. The author draws upon new internalization theory to develop a theory-driven model and empirically tests the...
- MedCath enters into pact to sell its subsidiary. // Medical Device Daily;8/31/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 169, p2
The article reports on a definitive agreement entered into by MedCath to sell its subsidiary, which is the indirect owner of a one-third ownership interest and management rights in Avera Heart Hospital of South Dakota, to Avera McKennan.
- Corporate Divestitures: How to Sell Off a Subsidiary. Speiser, Marvin M. // Management Review;Apr69, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p2
Discusses how a corporation can sell off a subsidiary. Need to convince the management of a divestible subsidiary or division that it will be happier elsewhere; Strategies in winning the cooperation of subsidiary officers; Steps in finding a buyer; Sales pitch; Payment arrangement;...