Foreign-owned companiesï¿½ entry and location strategies in a U.S. market: a study of manufacturing firms in North Carolina
- Manufacturers. // Government Product News;May94, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p40
No abstract available.
- MSS Rep Networking Group. Lucy, Jim // Electrical Wholesaling;Mar2001, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the plan of the Market System Solutions (MSS) group to expand its definition of traditional independent manufacturers' representative in the United States. Overview of the concept of a group of representatives independent of any national trade organization; Common goals of MSS and...
- 1940 - 2000. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;May2000, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p48
Features several manufacturers in the United States. Aget Manufacturing Co. Inc.; Chemfree Corp.; Megamation Systems Inc.; ITW Vortec.
- Is America Manufacturing Suffering from Complacency? McDonnell, Daniel // BusinessWest;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Addresses United States manufacturers' challenge of maintaining their growth and top position after the debacle of the mid-1980s. Regaining aggressiveness that led to the rebound in the 1990s; Reasons why some companies have begun to slide; Responding to market challenges.
- Not made in America. Kurlantzick, Joshua; Neusner, Noam // U.S. News & World Report;07/02/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p32
Reports that many manufacturing companies in the United States are either closing or moving their production overseas. Expectation that apparel manufacturing will completely disappear from the U.S. by 2004; Factors contributing to the move overseas, including cheaper labor and a strong dollar;...
- Manufacturing Still Lags. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Aug2002, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the conditions of manufacturing business in the U.S. Economic indicator for the manufacturing sector; Trend of general economic activity; Decline in incoming orders.
- Track goods on the move. // Frontline Solutions;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p90
Presents a sampling of manufacturing systems for companies in the United States. Inclusion of American Software's Flow Manufacturing system for mixed-model production of discrete products; Details of Baan PDM 5 from Bain for design and manufacturing activities; Account of MANAGE:Enterprise from...
- STORM-PROOF! // Industry Week/IW;Nov2001, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p45
Introduces a series of articles which profiles three manufacturers in the United States.
- New Northeastern Machine Tool Technology Center Opens. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2006, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p42
The article reports on the move by Mazak Corp. to expand its network of regional technology centers in the U.S. The company has built its new Northeast Headquarters and Technology Center in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. The center will provide service and support to the region's growing...