Foreign-owned companiesï¿½ entry and location strategies in a U.S. market: a study of manufacturing firms in North Carolina
- MSS Rep Networking Group. Lucy, Jim // Electrical Wholesaling;Mar2001, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the plan of the Market System Solutions (MSS) group to expand its definition of traditional independent manufacturers' representative in the United States. Overview of the concept of a group of representatives independent of any national trade organization; Common goals of MSS and...
- 1940 - 2000. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;May2000, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p48
Features several manufacturers in the United States. Aget Manufacturing Co. Inc.; Chemfree Corp.; Megamation Systems Inc.; ITW Vortec.
- Is America Manufacturing Suffering from Complacency? McDonnell, Daniel // BusinessWest;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Addresses United States manufacturers' challenge of maintaining their growth and top position after the debacle of the mid-1980s. Regaining aggressiveness that led to the rebound in the 1990s; Reasons why some companies have begun to slide; Responding to market challenges.
- Not made in America. Kurlantzick, Joshua; Neusner, Noam // U.S. News & World Report;07/02/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p32
Reports that many manufacturing companies in the United States are either closing or moving their production overseas. Expectation that apparel manufacturing will completely disappear from the U.S. by 2004; Factors contributing to the move overseas, including cheaper labor and a strong dollar;...
- Manufacturing Still Lags. // Welding Design & Fabrication;Aug2002, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the conditions of manufacturing business in the U.S. Economic indicator for the manufacturing sector; Trend of general economic activity; Decline in incoming orders.
- STORM-PROOF! // Industry Week/IW;Nov2001, Vol. 250 Issue 14, p45
Introduces a series of articles which profiles three manufacturers in the United States.
- New Northeastern Machine Tool Technology Center Opens. // Modern Machine Shop;Sep2006, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p42
The article reports on the move by Mazak Corp. to expand its network of regional technology centers in the U.S. The company has built its new Northeast Headquarters and Technology Center in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. The center will provide service and support to the region's growing...
- MINING GOLD FROM BROWNFIELDS. Royal, Weld // Industry Week/IW;05/15/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 10, p21
Highlights the contributions of corporations in the United States who build on brownfields or former manufacturing sites. How brownfields affect the economy of a state; Details on the restoration of brownfields in some states; Benefits gained from the remediated sites.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // CED;May2001, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p134
Reports business developments in the United States as of May 2001. Contract signing between Convergys Corp. and RCN Corp. to license ICOMS; Information on the opening of a manufacturing facility by TriCounty Enclosures and Fabrication Inc.; Approval of Time Warner on the Genesys II digital drop...