Furnitureland owner dies
- Furnitureland prepares to double expansion ahead of 2001 flotation. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/14/97, Issue 5064, p2
Reports that Limelight founder Stephen Boler has taken control of Furnitureland from chairman and founder Nick Timpson with a 14 million pounds offer. Appointment of Boler's British representative John Jermine as non executive chairman; Financial performance of Furnitureland.
- Furnitureland expands with 19th store. // Cabinet Maker;07/17/98, Issue 5097, p5
Focuses on Furnitureland's opening of a furniture superstore in Sears Retail Park in Shirley, Solihull.
- Furnitureland does its bit for attack victims. // Cabinet Maker;11/07/97, Issue 5063, p36
Focuses on Furnitureland's designing and building of an interview room at Sydenham Police Station in South London, England after the authorities decided the room was not suitable for sex attack victims.
- Fancy furniture, half price. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;4/5/93, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p80
Advises how homeowners can furnish their homes by phone at Furnitureland South, the nation's largest furniture store, in High Point, North Carolina. Examples of furniture prices; Furnitureland has no catalog; The rebel, Edgar Broyhill II, owner of Edgar B, in Clemmons, N.C.; Edgar B's revenue...
- How do you organize your rug assortment? Lester, Thomas // Furniture/Today;12/12/2016, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p11
The article offers information on how Jamestown, North Carolina-based purveyor of home furnishings Furnitureland South Inc. has rethought almost everything on how it presents its assortment of rugs by breaking up into three rooms for three major rug constructions.
- Furnitureland expands. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;5/13/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p1
Reports the plan of Furnitureland South to construct a store in the High Point area in Wilmington, North Carolina. Dimension of the store; Citations on the other expansion plans of the company; Goal of the company with its expansion projects.
- Diversity drives youth bedroom. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p8
Reports the addition of youth furniture gallery at Furnitureland South in North Carolina. Arrangement and sectioning of the gallery; Availability of wooden toy bin and Noah's Ark table and chairs; Use of cottage stylings and medium oak finish.
- Furnitureland Castle Meadow Retail Park. // Cabinet Maker;10/27/2000, Issue 5211, p10
Evaluates the customer service of Furnitureland South Inc., located at the Castle Meadow Retail Park in Great Britain.
- Goodbye to all that. Young, Helen // Cabinet Maker;01/23/98, Issue 5072, p21
Reports that Furnitureland chairman Nick Timpson has departed from the furniture trade in Great Britain after 25 years. Company history; Sale to Limelight company; Ambivalence of feelings toward the departure; Regrets; Work philosophy; Plans for his free time.