Robbers go for Barnet
- Barnet and Company reports 15% sales lift. // Cabinet Maker;12/3/2010, Issue 5716, p5
The article reports on the 15% increase in sales by Glasgow, Scotland-based independent furniture retailer Barnet and Co. Ltd.
- Return of the Barons bandit. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/28/94, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p26
Reveals that the single armed man who took $4,000 from the Royal Bank branch in Barons, Canada, on January 20, 1994, returned on February 17 and stole another $1,500 at gunpoint. Details of both robberies; Video surveillance photo of the six-foot white male; Decision of Royal Bank officials to...
- Who's in the shotgun trio? Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/13/94, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p17
Discusses Calgary police suspicions that three outlaws have knocked over five city banks and the Calgary Exhibition and Stampede's Frontier Casino since March 29, 1994. How some of the robberies were committed.
- Increasingly insecure castles. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/13/95, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p20
Reports on the rise of criminal home invasions and robberies in Calgary, Alberta. Invasion and robbery of Vic Wagner's home; Differences in methods of operation; First 1995 home invasion on the 6th of February.
- Edmonton is plagued by armed thugs. Sheremata, Davis // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/25/96, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p26
Reports that the number of robberies in Edmonton, Alberta has skyrocketed between October 1995 and March 1996. Lack of information on possible reasons for this; Reasons why it is unlikely that these crimes are being committed by desperate ex-welfare recipients.
- Huge robbery in Dublin. Nordahl, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;1/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 42, p20
Reports on the robbery of $6.3 million from an armored car company in Dublin, Ireland on January 24, 1995.
- Midwest bank robberies most likely in Illinois. // North Western Financial Review;5/1/2011, Vol. 196 Issue 9, p16
The article reports that Illinois had 203 robberies for 2010 which is the most in the upper Middle West.
- Violent crime hits home. Hurley, James T. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jun95, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the increasing number of home invasion robbery (HIR) cases in the United States. Difficulty of introducing the concept of HIR in the criminal justice system; Difference in the profiles of criminals in HIR and burglary cases; Factors which contributed to the growth of HIR; Efforts to...
- 5th RenCen holdup reported. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;06/02/97, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p37
Reports that police in Detroit, Michigan are investigating a series of robberies that began in November 1996, at the Renaissance Center. Examination of the security at the center; Comment from Police Inspector Garrett Ochalek.