Kirkham denies Hawes move
- Kirkham dismisses DFS slump as a `blip' despite another profit warning. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;05/01/98, Issue 5086, p6
Focuses on DFS executive chairman Graham Kirkham's explanation on the company's poor performance. Dismissal of the company's poor sales performance as a temporary setback; Overview on the company's financial performance; Comments of DFS chief operating officer Jon Massey on the company's...
- Sir Graham Kirkham. Davidson, Andrew // Management Today;Sep96, p44
Presents an interview with Graham Kirkham of DFS Group Ltd. DFS's sales rate as of January 1996; Kirkham's retail concept; Kirkham's promotional and advertising efforts; Company history and operations; Comments by different on Kirkham's strategies; Kirkham's attitude on business.
- The art of hard work. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/25/99, Issue 5143, p24
Profiles Sir Graham Kirkham, chairman of Great Britain's most profitable upholstery retailer, DFS. Entry into the business; Outlook about the business; Establishment of DFS; Family life; Business strategies. INSET: On the record.
- DFS to sponsor St Leger Festival. // Cabinet Maker;3/6/2009, Issue 5626, p5
The article reports on the move of DFS to sponsor the famous day St. Leger Festival race meeting at the Doncaster racecourse as part of its 40th anniversary in England. It states that the meeting will see the company's name included within the titles of some of the famous races including Ladies...
- Decision day for DFS bid. // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p6
Reports on Lord Kirkham's bid for the privatization of DFS in Great Britain. Details of Kirkham's financial offer; Terms under the takeover bid; Employment of senior non-executive Michael Blackburn as consultant in DFS.
- DFS: still standing at the crossroads. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;9/10/2004, Issue 5405, p8
Analyzes the chances of Lord Kirkham in taking over DFS, the furniture chain he founded in 1969, with a renewed and higher bid. Kirkham's reason for the taking the chain private; Advantages of having his bid accepted by shareholders; Plans of Kirkham in the event that his offer is rejected.
- Lord Kirkham will stay if his bid for DFS fails. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p3
Reports on DFS executive chairman Lord Kirkham's takeover bid for the Great Britain furniture store chain. Plan of running the company even if his offer fails; Worth of the offer.
- Lord Kirkham set to leave if takeover fails. // Cabinet Maker;7/30/2004, Issue 5399, p6
Reports on the threat of Lord Kirkham,chairman of DFS to leave the firm if takeover offer fails in Great Britain. Recommendation of the board of directors to shareholders; Increase in the like for like sales of the firm; Plan of Kirkham for the firm.
- DFS to sponsor Crafts 2010. // Cabinet Maker;6/5/2009, Issue 5640, p5
The article announces the principal sponsorship of furniture retailer DFS to Cruft Dog Show to be held at the NEC in Birmingham, England from March 11 to 14 in 2010. DFS chairman Lord Graham Kirkham said that he is excited that the company is the principal sponsor of the show. In addition, the...