China Vows To Reduce Copyright Piracy
- A crime in many shapes and sizes. // UNESCO Courier;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on book piracy in Asia. Methods of book piracy.
- Chile: a judge steps in. Petrovich, Francisca // UNESCO Courier;Mar2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p43
Discusses the opposing responses to the decision of Carlos Escobar, deputy judge of the Second Criminal Court in Chile, to distribute the confiscated pirated copies of books to the city's poorest neighborhoods. Cause of the growth in the publication of pirated books in Chile; Views on the...
- Spoof strategy. Kranzl, Justin // Australian Personal Computer;Sep2002, Issue 285, p15
Reports the campaign of Sony and the Recording Institute Association of America against piracy and copyright infringement. Accusation against Mr. Eddy Stevens on Sony trademark infringement; Reduction of the amount of pirated materials; Utilization of peer-to-peer network setups against piracy.
- Rights orgs take battle over digital to workplace. Oppelaar, Justin; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;10/25/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 15, p2
Reports on entertainment groups and artists' efforts to stamp out online piracy in the United States. Goal of making piracy a public issue; Letter sent to chief executives of Fortune 500 companies to raise corporate awareness of piracy on their computer networks.
- SteAL tHIS ARtICLe. // Risk Management (00355593);May2008, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p25
The section introduces a series of articles about digital piracy.
- Get The Sword-Fights Right!! // Wired;Mar2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p66
A list of global piracy attempts from 2007-2011 is presented including 263 in 2007, 406 in 2009, and 439 in 2011.
- Ukraine Overtakes Bulgaria As Top Music-Piracy Nation. Clark-Meads, Jeff // Billboard;05/15/99, Vol. 111 Issue 20, p96
Reports that Ukraine has overtaken Bulgaria as one of the world's biggest music pirate producer. Effective action against Bulgaria's pirate industry; Backers of the pirate plants in Bulgaria and Ukraine.
- Hong Kong creates net anti-piracy task force. Mok, Davena // Billboard;03/04/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 10, p62
Reports on the Hong Kong, China, government's establishment of a seven-member anti-Internet-piracy task force following concerns voiced by industry groups. Proliferation of unauthorized Web sites offering downloadable copyrighted products such as sound recordings, software, and games; Plan to...
- A FRESH SELL FOR HOLLYWOOD. // Hollywood Reporter;2/3/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on the piracy debate and campaigns for anti-piracy effort.