Wiley Expands Branded Business Title List With Mergent Handbooks
- Anti-SDI book trashed in Britain. Nyren, Karl // Library Journal;11/1/1986, Vol. 111 Issue 18, p28
Reports that a book published by John Wiley and Sons Inc.'s British subsidiary has been withdrawn by the publishers on the eve of publication.
- Wiley's New Niche: Chinese Memoirs. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;9/13/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 37, p21
Focuses on the decision of John Wiley & Sons company to publish the book `Daughter of China: A Story of Love and Betrayal,' by Meihong Xu and Larry Engelmann. Information on the previous decision of Doubleday company to reject the publishing of the book; Information on the authors of the book.
- Revenue Down Slightly At John Wiley & Sons P/T Segment. // Book Publishing Report;9/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports that John Wiley & Sons Inc. has reported a slight decline in revenue for fiscal quarter 2005 in the U.S. List of the company's flagship titles for the quarter; Factor that caused the sluggish financial performance; Statement of CEO William Pesce, on what drives the year-on-year growth...
- PUT IT IN YOUR POCKET AND GO! // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2006, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p33
The article reviews J. Wiley and Sons' updated, handy pocket reference for the formulas and calculations needed by building engineers.
- Wiley Partners with netLibrary, Lightning Source. Hane, Paula J. // Information Today;Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p41
Reports that, as of December, 2000, John Wiley & Sons has signed agreements with netLibrary and Lightning Source. Distribution of Wiley's frontlist titles; How netLibrary will provide digital conversion and electronic distribution, while Lightning Source will provide digital distribution...
- Wiley Expands Teach Yourself Visually Line. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p66
Reports on the consumer books launched by U.S. publisher John Wiley in its Teach Yourself Visually series in July 2003. Plan to diversify its publishing program; Information on the first three books which has been launched.
- John Wiley & Sons Responding to Current Realities. Dyer, Lucinda // Publishers Weekly;5/17/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p25
Focuses on the interest of publishing firm John Wiley & Sons in publishing books that respond to realities of corporate world. Target market of management books; Information on the book "Raising the Bar: Integrity and Passion in Life and Business," by Gary Erickson; Story format of other...
- EFfects of 1999 consumer book industry acquisitions will be felt during 2000. // Book Publishing Report;12/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p1
Reports on major acquisition deals in the United States book publishing industry in 1999. Implications for the industry's prospects in 2000; Purchase of Hearst Book Group by Harper Collins parent firm News Corp.; John Wiley & Sons' purchases that included higher education titles.
- Easy Does It. Grala, Alyson // License!;Jan2007, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p18
The article discusses the success of "For Dummies" books, published and manufactured by John Wiley & Sons. Accordingly, the business started when the publication of "DOS For Dummies," which teaches consumers to make the most of their personal computers, has turned into a success in November...