K-12, College Textbooks And Test Sales Rise 3.6% To $8.27 Billion In 2003: AAP
- Books About Terrorism Published In Record Numbers. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p1
Reports developments on the publication and sales of books on terrorism in the U.S. Number of books published from year 2000 to 2004; List of bestsellers; Scope on the subtopics of books on terrorism.
- CLASS ACTION. Surowiecki, James // New Yorker;11/7/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 35, p46
This article addresses the lucrative business of publishing textbooks in the U.S. Over the past two decades, growing school attendance and rising book prices have made textbook publishing more lucrative than ever. But dominance has its discontents, and textbook publishers are routinely denounced...
- K-12 Industry Wraps Up First Quarter With 14.2% Sales Hike. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the increase sales of basal textbooks in K-12 according to the sales report from the School Division of the Association of American Publishers. Basis of largest sales growth generated by the publishers from the pre K-6 segment; Comparison of increases on the sales of basal textbooks.
- January Proves Slow Start to 2006; PreK-12 Sales Decline 9.9%. // Educational Marketer;3/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the decline in sales of PreK-12 textbooks in the U.S. from January 2005 to 2006. The total PreK-12 Basal and Supplementary sales declined to 9.9 percent consisting of the 17.6 decline in the open territories and a 27 percent decline in adoption states. However, there was a...
- 2003 Begins Nicely for U.S. K-12 Publishers, Year-to-Date Up 13%. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the positive trend in K-12 basal textbook sales in the U.S. Account of sale increases according to the Association of American Publishers; Growth rate in revenue from basal and supplemental materials; Factors influencing the sales volume.
- Why printers need readers to judge a book by its cover. Mardle, Pamela // PrintWeek;4/20/2012, p20
The article discusses the growing shift to the e-book market, warning of an upheaval in the publishing industry in the way books are bought, sold and produced. It notes that the volume of physical books being printed and sold is declining by 6.5% and is expected to continue, citing the rise in...
- VSI Field Tests New Textbook Cover. // Educational Marketer;2/19/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Visual Systems Inc. (VSI) is seeking approval for its textbook cover technology BaseOne SoftCover in the U.S. VSI is going through the approval procedure with the Book Manufacturers' Institute and National Association of State Textbook Administrators because of the...
- College Textbook Affordability Initiatives Proliferate as Textbook Sales Grow. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the implications of the enactment of textbook affordability laws in the U.S. It cites that Arizona is an example with bill signed into law that requires publishers to offer instructors information on textbook pricing and content revisions. However, there is a growing...
- U.S. College Textbook Sales Decline 6.2% In Q1 To $174.7 Million. // Educational Marketer;5/9/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the sales decline on college textbooks in the U.S. Continuous returns of college textbooks experienced by the publishers; Forecast of slight improvements in sales.