Books About Terrorism Published In Record Numbers
- Bowker Stat-of-the-Week: Books on Terrorism. // Book Publishing Report;5/8/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p1
The article presents statistical data regarding books on terrorism in the U.S. There were 677 books on terrorism published in 2002. Title output rose to 784 new titles in 2004, however, publishers cut the number to about 723 new books in 2005. In 2006, 256 books related to tourism have been...
- K-12, College Textbooks And Test Sales Rise 3.6% To $8.27 Billion In 2003: AAP. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the increase in the net sales of K-12 and college textbooks and standardized tests in the year 2003 of the book publishing industry in the U.S. Percentage of the sales increase; Total net sales; Total sales of college text books.
- Why printers need readers to judge a book by its cover. Mardle, Pamela // PrintWeek;4/20/2012, p20
The article discusses the growing shift to the e-book market, warning of an upheaval in the publishing industry in the way books are bought, sold and produced. It notes that the volume of physical books being printed and sold is declining by 6.5% and is expected to continue, citing the rise in...
- Book Production Shifts Gears. Curwen, Ginger // Publishers Weekly;10/28/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 43, pS1
Discusses issues surrounding book printers and manufacturers. Discussion on the relationship between manufacturers and publishers; Consequences of consolidation in the book trade; Overview of publisher demands; Concerns of manufacturers.
- 20 Years Ago Today: The Asian Printing Phenomenon. Taylor, Sally // Publishers Weekly;7/31/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 30, pS18
In this article, the author discusses the growth of the printing industry in Asia. The author recalls that Japan was the best-known Asian printing resource in the early 1980s. Over the years, Hong Kong became the center of English-language publishing in Asia. Some factors which contributed to...
- DIARY. // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/17/2009, p36
A calendar of events for the printing and publishing industries for 2009 is presented which include the London Bookfair in England, Poligrafia 2009 in Poznan, Poland, and the Fipp Magazine Congress in London.
- Edmonton editor scores U.S. deal with bio-thriller. Metella, Helen // Quill & Quire;May2001, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p12
Reports the alliance between Richard Shirbaniuk and Clive Cussler on the publication of the book 'The Fifth Horseman.' Agreement on the distribution of books; Status on the sale of books; Subject of the bio-thriller book.
- What's hot in the City? Cleary, Nessan // Printing World;5/27/2004, Vol. 286 Issue 9, p28
Describes the PrintCity exhibition seen at the 2004 Drupa trade show. Number of companies comprising the exhibit; Guiding principles behind the exhibition; Commitment to open standards; Goal of the exhibition to connect different vendors in an end-to-end workflow.
- Beswick homes in on goal with Monarch buy. Carter, Catherine // Printing World;2/3/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 5, p39
The article informs that acquisitive Beswick Paper is a step closer to its goal of doubling its size in five years with the addition of Leeds merchant Monarch Paper to its operations. Set up just over three years ago, the fonner Rother & Brereton team headed by Martin Wilkinson has built up a...