News @ a glance
- HEALTH. Fain, Nathan // Advocate;7/7/83, Issue 371, p18
Presents news on various issues related to health care in the U.S. as of July 7, 1983. Information on federal aids for medical research in the U.S.; Overview of various developments in the treatment of AIDS; Need for the prevention of AIDS in homosexuals in the U.S.
- Maricopa County Health Resources. // Echo Magazine;1/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p37
The article presents a list of health resources and providers in Maricopa County, Arizona, including Alcoholics Anonymous, Arizona Department of Health Services, HIV/AIDS Law Project, Man-to-Man Sexual Health Seminars and Planned Parenthood.
- Women, sexuality and AIDS in Brazil. Araujo, Maria Jose Oliv; Diniz, C. Simone Grilo // World Health;Sep/Oct95 Supplement, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on the need to reformulate family planning programs in Brazil to address the health risks posed by AIDS. Problem with existing family planning programs; Increase in women's efforts for the recognition of their reproductive rights; Ways of enhancing family planning policies; Need to...
- University of California Awards Funds to Six AIDS Research
Centers in California. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;11/25/2002, p3
The University of California's system-wide AIDS research program has awarded $2 million to six AIDS research centers to support new AIDS research initiatives in the state. Three of the six grants are awarded to new or emerging AIDS research centers which are developing innovative research...
- Making the pledge. // Advocate;5/31/94, Issue 656, p20
Reports that France's government will match the amount donated by viewers of the nationwide French AIDS telethon for AIDS research.
- Little murders. Kramer, Larry // Advocate;6/15/93, Issue 631, p80
Discusses efforts to increase funds for AIDS research can finally be recognized by the U.S. government. Importance of the kind of people appointed by U.S. President Bill Clinton to health agency posts; Lack of unity among AIDS-related organizations in the country.
- AIDS News Updates: President Reagan's budget for fiscal 1985 includes a $53.9 million funding package for AIDS research, and Increase of approximately $6.5 million over research funding for the current year. Chibbaro Jr., Lou // Advocate;3/6/84, Issue 389, p19
Reports on the allocation of the multi-million dollar federal aid to AIDS research under U.S. President Ronald Reagan's administration.
- AIDSFRONT. Delaney, Martin // Advocate;3/10/92, Issue 598, p29
Reports on various developments relating to AIDS in the United States as of March 10, 1992. Apathy towards AIDS research funding; U.S. Secretary of Health Louis Sullivan's order of restrictions to travel to the Eighth International Conference on AIDS in Amsterdam, Netherlands; Potential of the...
- Opportunities and Pitfalls in Integration of Family Planning and HIV Prevention Efforts in Developing Countries. Shelton, James D.; Fuchs, Nomi // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the integration of family planning and HIV prevention efforts in developing countries. Principles of integration; Status of health systems in the developing world; Keys to successful HIV prevention programs.