MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p1
Reports that the municipal bond market finished higher on July 8, 2004, led by aggressive new issue pricing, continuous investment demand and earlier gains in Treasuries.
- Louisiana Bond Commission Approves $500M State GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p3
Reports on the Louisiana State Bond Commission's approval of a general obligation bond deal the state might sell competitively on October 21, 2004. Upgrading of the state's debt by the rating agencies Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service; Government Finance...
- Senate Passes D.C. Fiscal 2005 Spending Bill. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p4
Reports on the Senate's approval of the District of Columbia's spending bill for fiscal 2005. Approval of the city's plan to sell general obligation bonds; Proposed payment to the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority.
- Systematic Risk and the Muni Puzzle. Chalmers, John M. R. // National Tax Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p833
The muni puzzle refers to the empirical fact that relative to taxable bond yields, long--term tax--exempt yields are significantly higher than predicted by theory, while short-term yields conform well to theory. The systematic risk hypothesis is a candidate to explain the muni puzzle. I find...
- Munis Weaken as Bid-Ask Spread Widens; $750M Priced for Kaiser. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p2
Reports on the weakening of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of March 2004. Growth of bid-ask spread; Price of California Statewide Community Development Authority revenue bonds on behalf of the Kaiser Permanente Healthcare Group; Boost to the Treasury market due to orders for durable goods in...
- With Two Upgrades, Harris County, Tex., to Sell Toll Road Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p3
Discusses the plan of the Toll Road Authority of Harris County, Texas to issue toll road senior-lien refunding bonds. Details of the proposed bond issue to be lead managed by Citigroup Global Markets Inc.; Upgrades received by the Toll Road Authority from Standard and Poor's and Moody's...
- Muni Fund Flows Dip for 2d Time This Year. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/4/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32103, p6
Reports that the Municipal bond mutual fund flows have decreased during the week ended March 30, 2005. Stabilization of funds; Assessment of cash flow in the long-term funds; Inflow of the weekly-only equity funds.
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;9/24/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31976, p30
Lists selected municipal bonds issued in Alaska, California, Hawaii and Washington as of September 24, 2004. Issuer and purpose; Amount; Approval status; Underwriter choice; Expected sale date.
- Pumping Up the Volume Pushes Some Issuers into the Top 20. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p11A
Reports that many issuers in the municipal bond market increased the volume of paper that they sold in 2004 in the United States. List of top issuers category in 2004; Capital project financing; Refunding and restructuring trends.