- HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH? Crawford, Tom // Georgia Trend;May2007, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p122
The article presents the author's views on the increased budget of Georgia. The author said that for the fiscal year 2003, when Roy Barnes was succeeded by Sonny Perdue as governor, the state budget was about $15 billion. It is informed that Perdue and his legislative colleagues didn't opt to...
- Another Impasse. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p33
Reports on Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher's planned meeting with representatives of the General Assembly to discuss the budget impasse. Possible elimination of a resolution for several bond-related building projects; Fletcher's proposed tax modernization plan; Fletcher's proposed increase of...
- An examination of the results of Pennsylvania's long-awaited budget deal. // Central Penn Business Journal;10/23/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p17
The article offers the authors' analysis regarding the implications of budget deal in Pennsylvania. It states that the state has adopted a budget for fiscal year 2009-2010, which is not suitable given the economic recession and the state's unfunded liabilities. It concludes that the promotes...
- Balancing State Budgets: Who Will Pay? Collins, Chuck // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr2002, Issue 240, p9
Reports on the strategy of states in the U.S. in balancing state budgets. Projected amount of state deficits in 2002; Factors that contributed to the fiscal distress of states; Ways to balance budgets; Actions taken by organizations on the tax burden.
- FALLING INTO A GAP. // Capitol Ideas;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p18
The article presents a forecast of the total budget gaps for the fiscal year 2011 for states in the U.S. from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
- Education and the State Budget Squeeze. Pipho, Chris // Phi Delta Kappan;Apr89, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p582
Examines the education and state budget of the United States. Total deficit of states and local government in their operating budget in 1988; Trend toward budgetary imbalance; Sources of revenue for the education system; West Virginia Governor Gaston Caperton's plan to improve funding for his...
- Pennsylvania Stuck With Bare-Bones Budget for Holiday. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;7/03/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31670, p4
Reports that Pennsylvania is likely to head the July 04, 2003 holiday weekend operating under a basic state budget. Possible introduction of an economic stimulus package; Tax structure in the budget; Ratings assigned to state's general obligation debt by various ratings agencies.
- WHAT STATES ARE THRIVING? // Business NH Magazine;Nov2015, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p12
The article presents the rankings of New England states based on their financial health between 2003 and 2013 including Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island.
- How to solve the budget crisis in three easy steps. McClintock, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/7/2003, Issue 323044, p29
Presents an opinion on how the state of California can solve its budget crisis. Arrest of growth in future spending; Comprehensive review of all state agencies and programs; Restoration of a constitutional spending limit.