Crew's New School
- Rudy Crew is Breaking the Mold. Schachter, Ron // District Administration;Sep2005, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p32
Presents an interview with Rudy Crew, superintendent of the Miami-Dade school district. Career history; Conflict with New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani; Decision to leave New York; Reasons why Crew selected the Miami-Dade school district; Infrastructure of the Miami-Dade school district; Decision to...
- CREW & RIVERA: Race to the Top Isn't Enough. D'ORIO, WAYNE // Scholastic Administrator;Back to School2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p48
An interview with Rudy Crew, former chancellor of the New York City schools, and Manny Rivera, superintendent in Rochester City School District, is presented. They discuss their new model for American schools and the tough decisions that are necessary to make it happen. They highlight the...
- Miami's Vice: Lack of Space. Schachter, Ron // District Administration;Sep2005, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p35
Reports on Superintendent Rudy Crew's initiatives to build more schools for the Miami-Dade school district in Florida. Growth of the student population in the area; Number of schools Crew intends to build; Opening of the Ronald Reagan Doral Senior High School in fall 2005.
- A Mighty Warrior Roars. Goldman, Jay P. // School Administrator;Apr2008, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p71
The article presents the profile of Rudy F. Crew, superintendent of Miami-Dade Public Schools, Miami, Florida, who has been recently crowned as the 2008 National Superintendent of the Year. It mentions that he spent nearly two decades in running urban systems in different cities of the U.S. His...
- CREW NAMED HEAD OF MIAMI-DATE SCHOOLS. // Jet;6/14/2004, Vol. 105 Issue 24, p23
Announces that Rudy Crew, former chancellor of New York City's public schools has agreed to become the new school superintendent in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Terms of his contract; Career background.
- Crew, Justice Department at odds over N.Y.C. board. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;11/27/96, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p3
Reports on Chancellor Rudy F. Crew's decision to block several ousted members of one of the district community school boards rom returning to work. Part of the ongoing struggle over control of the New York City schools; Opinion issued by the US Department of Justice saying that Crew run afoul...
- Rudy Crew Will Be the New Education Czar in Oregon. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);6/7/2012, p10
The article announces the appointment of Rudy Crew as chief education officer for the state of Oregon.
- Urban education. Hendrie, Caroline // Education Week;02/25/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p6
Deals with the New York City's school governance structure. Why state lawmakers granted Schools Chancellor Rudy F. Crew's demand for greater control over the city's subdistrict boards; Various comments on Crew's restructuring of the school districts.
- Crew unveils plan to streamline the central office. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;3/13/96, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p8
Reports on Schools Chancellor Rudy F. Crew's plan to reorganize the central administration of the New York City school system. Calls for streamlined headquarters and the creation of `chancellor's district'.