House Approves Two-Month Extension of Road Programs
- House Transportation Bill Lines Up With Bush Budget Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p5
Reports on the introduction of a bill that would provide guaranteed funding for highway and transit construction and related safety initiatives by the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee. Amount guaranteed in the financing plan; Statement of committee chairman Don Young...
- House Committee Proposes Bill to Improve Transit Security. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;9/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31970, p5
Reports on the legislation introduced by the leaders of the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee that would provide grants to transit agencies and bus operators for over three years. Aim of the committee to improve the security of the public transit system; Use of the grants...
- House approves FY 2006 transportation funding. // Concrete Construction;Aug2005, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p18
Reports on the U.S. House of Representatives' approval of its Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the Judiciary and District of Columbia fiscal year 2006 appropriations measure. Total amount provided in obligations for the federal-aid highway program.
- Doubters delay Amtrak appropriation. // Railway Age;Aug2003, Vol. 204 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the budget approved by the U.S. House Transportation Appropriations Subcommittee to Amtrak in July 2003. Amount of the approved budget; Action taken by the full committee on the authorized budget.
- Record highway funds awarded. // International Construction;Jun2006, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the U.S. House Transportations Appropriations Subcommittee's approval of more than $39 billion annual budget for highway maintenance and improvement during the financial year 2007. The budget represents a 9.7 percent increase over 2006 levels. It matches the funds asked by...
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p1
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. Disclosure of the 2006-07 state budget for Wisconsin by Governor Jim Doyle; Introduction of a bill that guaranteed funding over six years by the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee; Rewards given to investors who helped...
- ISTEA reauthorization clears House. // Railway Age;May98, Vol. 199 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the passing of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) reauthorization by the US House of Representatives in April 1998. Earmarks for the mass transit program; Provision of the bill.
- Four area transportation projects in House budget. Wilson, Rocky // Journal of Business (10756124);6/2/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the outcome of congressional negotiations on the new federal transportation money in Spokane, Washington. Passage of versions of a new transportation spending bill by the House of Congress; Total budget allocated for the widening of Interstate 90 from Sullivan Road east to the Idaho...
- House Passes $284 Billion Highway Bill. Friel, Brian; Smallen, Jill; Mitchell, Charlie // National Journal;3/12/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p780
Reports that the U.S. Congress has voted on March 10, 2005 to approve a six-year federal highway and mass transit reauthorization bill. Budget allocated for the reauthorization bill; Areas of disagreement on the bill's provisions.