D.C. Bond-Tax Plan Dies Quietly Thanks to Sales-Tax Boon
- Mayor May Veto Some Items in New Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31896, p5
Reports that District of Columbia mayor Anthony Wililams is planning to veto items in the proposed budget. Incorporation of the budget in a federal appropriations bill; Proposed amount of general obligation bonds to be issued by the city; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s rating of the general...
- Mayor's '07 Budget for D.C. Calls For $849M in Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p5
The article reports on Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams' proposed 4.95 billion budget for fiscal 2007 which begins on October 1, 2007. It includes the issuance of 849 million dollars in bonds, almost all of which would be general obligation debt. The budget refers to locally generated...
- D.C. Mayor's 2003 Budget Calls for $250M of GO Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p1
Reports on the launching of the city budget by Anthony A. Williams, mayor of Washington D.C. Data on the proposed budget; Worth of the issued general obligation bonds; Impact of the increased demand for special education and health care services to the funds of the city.
- Authority to Offer Pick for D.C. Convention Center Hotel Site. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p35
Reports that the Washington, D.C. Convention Center Authority will recommend the location of a convention center hotel that is to be financed with tax-exempt bonds. Authority's recommendation of the financing package; Plans to extend the maturity date of the bonds to 2037; Mayor Anthony...
- D.C. Mayor Questions Council Proposals on Eduction Funding. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/5/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32126, p4
The article reports that Washington D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams questioned the wisdom of two proposals before the District Council. These proposals call for the issuance of tax-exempt bonds to finance the modernization of the district's deteriorating public school buildings. In the fiscal 2006...
- D.C. Mayor's Bond-Tax Plan Faces Tough Odds in Council. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p3
Reports on Washington, D.C., Mayor Anthony Williams' proposal to tax interest earned on out-of-district tax-exempt bonds. Opposition to the plan from the city council; Fate of similar proposal pushed by Williams in 2002.
- Old D.C. Convention Center Site Sets Go-Ahead for Redevelopment. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32149, p4
This article presents information on the District of Columbia Council which approved a measure authorizing the redevelopment of the old Washington Convention Center site downtown, a move that could eventually lead to $1.3 billion or more in tax-exempt bond issuance. Mayor Anthony Williams...
- Munis Keep on Trucking in Strong Week. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;10/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p2
In this article, the author reports that strong growth in the tax-exempt market will allow municipal bonds to trade within a few basis points of their record lows.
- Muni Yields Rise as Market Awaits New Supply. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;11/9/2015, p1
Municipal bond traders are preparing for a relatively low volume week of $4 billion, with the first of the larger volume deals scheduled to hit the market on Tuesday.