D.C. Bond-Tax Plan Dies Quietly Thanks to Sales-Tax Boon
- Mayor May Veto Some Items in New Budget. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31896, p5
Reports that District of Columbia mayor Anthony Wililams is planning to veto items in the proposed budget. Incorporation of the budget in a federal appropriations bill; Proposed amount of general obligation bonds to be issued by the city; Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s rating of the general...
- Mayor's '07 Budget for D.C. Calls For $849M in Issuance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/22/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32344, p5
The article reports on Washington, D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams' proposed 4.95 billion budget for fiscal 2007 which begins on October 1, 2007. It includes the issuance of 849 million dollars in bonds, almost all of which would be general obligation debt. The budget refers to locally generated...
- D.C. Mayor's 2003 Budget Calls for $250M of GO Debt. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31347, p1
Reports on the launching of the city budget by Anthony A. Williams, mayor of Washington D.C. Data on the proposed budget; Worth of the issued general obligation bonds; Impact of the increased demand for special education and health care services to the funds of the city.
- Authority to Offer Pick for D.C. Convention Center Hotel Site. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p35
Reports that the Washington, D.C. Convention Center Authority will recommend the location of a convention center hotel that is to be financed with tax-exempt bonds. Authority's recommendation of the financing package; Plans to extend the maturity date of the bonds to 2037; Mayor Anthony...
- Munis Keep on Trucking in Strong Week. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;10/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p2
In this article, the author reports that strong growth in the tax-exempt market will allow municipal bonds to trade within a few basis points of their record lows.
- Nassau County Set to Sell $328.5M. SLAVIN, ROBERT // Bond Buyer;2/20/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33864, p8
The article informs that Nassau County, New York is planning to sell 328.5 million U.S. dollars in tax-exempt debt through general improvement bonds and general obligation (GO) bonds.
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;9/12/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33780, p19
The article lists the market statistics of financial bonds in the U.S. as of September 12, 2012 which includes market indicators, tax exemption yields, and general obligation yields along with a graph depicting its decline in supply.
- Municipal Bond Funds See Inflows. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;10/15/2015, p1
Municipal bond funds reported inflows for the second week in a row, according to Lipper data released on Thursday. Weekly reporting funds experienced $520.807 million of inflows in the week ended Oct. 14, after inflows of $714.012 million in the previous week, Lipper said.
- Muni Market Preparing for Light $4B Week. Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;11/9/2015, p1
Municipal bond traders are preparing for a relatively low volume week of $4 billion, with the first of the larger volume deals scheduled to hit the market on Tuesday.